none
Need to maintain the earlier corrected values in DQS client

Question

• Hi Everyone ,

I am very new user to DQS . I recently created a new DQS project to know how this works. In my project i need to correct the data manually for lot of records. So i thought DQS could help me in that . Here is my scenario

I have table which has nearly one million records. It has some details of ours customers. Some of these records are entered manually and some are entered by tool. So the manual records are error prone and details like country, state are usually spelled incorrectly. So i normally i have to check each and every record and write an update statement for each incorrect row. Then i thought DQS can help me in this. So i configured DQS client by creating knowledge base of countries and states and i ran a demo project on this data . For the first time i have corrected the data from the suggestion the DQS gave to me. But when i run the project for the next time  , again it is asking me all the suggestion that i approved earlier .

Is there a way to store all my approved values and reuse them for the next time insertion load  ? , because as it a manual feed i may get different data every time so its better if i can save configuration of my earlier approved values .

Monday, August 19, 2013 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hello,

DQS allows you to import values from a cleansing project back to the knowledge base so that the trusted knowledge is not lost, and that the knowledge base is continually improved.

However, you can import values from a cleansing project to a domain in a knowledge base only if:

• The domain was used in the cleansing project in Data Quality Client from where you want to import values.
    • The cleansing project in Data Quality Client was successfully completed. That is, you must click Finish in the Export step of the cleansing project.

For detailed information on how to do so, see Import Cleansing Project Values into a Domain on MSDN. Make sure you also go through the values that will and won't be imported in the same topic.

Thanks
    Vivek
    (SQL Server Documentation | Twitter: @vivek_msft)

NOTE: Please remember to appropriately vote a post as "helpful" or mark as "answer" to help the community.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:59 AM