none
Multi Select Parameter

Question

• I am trying to build a report for a user that would like to run a report for one customers, several customers or all of the customers.  I tried to use a multi select parameter, but they have a few hundred customers so it exceeds the 8000 char limits in SQL.  Does anyone have a work around for this?  I could create two version of this report, but want to keep it all in one.

Again, the customer id is our parameter and we want to run all customers, one customer or a select few.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this within one report?

http://www.isolutionspartners.com/

Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:32 PM

Answers

• I have similar problem during one of my project. To solve this, we created a table to store the SQL quey. Then created a stored procedure which could execute the stored procedure and return results to report dataset. This was, you can avoid limitaiton of length of SQL query. Put all the customer name within IN() clause.

Now, how can you be sure that correct query is being executed? While saving the query, get the query id, User ID to uniquely identify the query. Then pass these as parameter to the stored procedure used int he report data source.

Please let me know if you need additional details.

Monday, September 23, 2013 5:44 AM

All replies