none
Problem with Activation Queue, send mail on Master data Services

    Question

  • Hi all,

    Anyone knows how to solve or where is this XML mentioned below ?

    The activated proc [mdm].udpNotificationQueueActivate] running on queue 'MDS.mdm.microsoft/mdm/queue/notification output the Following: 'XML parsing: line 1, character 2241, illegal name character'

    I got this error on SQL Server Log, from MDS. Send mail notification does not works because of that. 

    Friday, July 12, 2013 9:00 PM

Answers

  • Hi Xavier,

    I look in the notification queue table and find a member code who has a "&" character.

    This one was causing problems with conversion do HTML from XSLT. I removed and notifications went back to normal.

    Microsoft should think about it or just do not allow this kind of insertion, since sometimes, MDS Code column or any other column could have characters like this one.

    Thanks,

    Rafael Cunha

    • Marked as answer by Cunha, Rafael Monday, July 15, 2013 7:28 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 7:28 PM

All replies

  • Hi Rafael,

    ~did you set a valid url in MDS configuration manager database configuration for parameter : Master Data Manager Notification URL ?

    and/or

    ~did you change anything in email templates in table [mdm].[tblSystemSetting]:

    - ValidationIssueHTML, ValidationIssueText, VersionStatusChangeText, or VersionStatusChangeHTML ?

    for mds email settings, please see this link:

    http://sqlblog.com/blogs/mds_team/archive/2010/02/17/enabling-human-workflow-part-3-configuring-email-notification.aspx

    Regards,


    Xavier Averbouch
    Microsoft Community Contributor
    SOAT
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful".


    Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:08 AM
  • Hi Xavier, thanks for the quick answer.

    ~did you set a valid url in MDS configuration manager database configuration for parameter : Master Data Manager Notification URL ?

    Yes, it is right since when I tried to let it blank and the error just changed the position of the character error, went to 2215. 


    ~did you change anything in email templates in table [mdm].[tblSystemSetting]:

    - ValidationIssueHTML, ValidationIssueText, VersionStatusChangeText, or VersionStatusChangeHTML ?

    Yes, I change ValidationIssueHTML but since error started I put the original one and still have error. But, notice that the character moved to another position when I let it blank, I think the error its in here. Do you know where can I find the original one ? Or I will just created a new MDS and take this.

    FYI it worked with the new layout that I put weeks ago, the error started to happen out of nothing.

    I'm trying to change it, if works I will come back here and update this answer.

    Thanks !!

    update1:

    Is there way that I can see XML to send before it sends or the content that will go to XSLT ? I think this is a problem with the transformation to HTML. (XSLT to HTML). And this problem it is with the content that fill the XSLT but not in the XSLT code (ValidationIssueHTML).

    Monday, July 15, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Hi Xavier,

    I look in the notification queue table and find a member code who has a "&" character.

    This one was causing problems with conversion do HTML from XSLT. I removed and notifications went back to normal.

    Microsoft should think about it or just do not allow this kind of insertion, since sometimes, MDS Code column or any other column could have characters like this one.

    Thanks,

    Rafael Cunha

    • Marked as answer by Cunha, Rafael Monday, July 15, 2013 7:28 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 7:28 PM