none
Barcode Font not Printing Correctly - Bar Spacing Problem

Question

• I've searched these forums, and the web and haven't come up with an exact match to the problem I'm having, much less a solution.

Environments:

Development:

Windows 7 SP1 x64, Visual Studio 2010 targeting .Net 4

Testing Host:

Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64, .Net 4, .Net 2, ReportViewer 2010 redist, etc...

Production Host:

Server 2003 R2 SP2 x64, .Net 4, .Net 2, ReportViewer 2010 redist, etc...

This is a web-application, not a Forms application.

I have a report (local report) which makes use of a code 128 barcode.  This report appears fine when previewed with any of the above environments.  It also prints fine when the application is hosted by the develoment and testing environments, and accessed from the development environment.  The problem is when it is deployed for production.  The report still previews acceptably, but the barcode can't be read when the report is printed.  Minute differences in bar spacing are detectable between a barcode printed from the development or testing environment and one which is printed by the application hosted in the production enviroment.  Moving to Server 2008 R2 for production isn't really an option.

I would hazard a guess that a difference in the rendering between .Net 4 for Server 2003 R2 and .Net 4 for Server 2008 R2 is to blame.

Has anyone else run into this before?  Could someone point me at a potential solution?  This has dragged my project to a halt.

Thank you,

Dominic Hilsbos

• Edited by DHilsbosPAI Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:28 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:56 PM

All replies