none
ASP.NET: How Can I Prevent A Page Refresh On Button Clicks While Using AJAX ToolKitScriptManager?

Question

• Hello MSDN,

Can someone help me? I am new to developing Web Apps, and I am having trouble with my page refresh. Basically, whenever I click on one of the [ASP] button controls, the entire page refreshes. I've narrowed the problem down to the AJAX ToolKitScriptManager. If I remove the ToolKitScriptManager from the markup, then everything works fine. However, I would like to keep the TKSM, because it provides additional functionality that I'm looking for. 

Here are the details:

• Visual Studio 2012
    • .ASPX Web Page
    • AJAX Control ToolKit

So, does anyone know how to prevent the entire webpage from refreshing after one of the ASP Buttons gets clicked (there is an AJAX ToolKitScriptManager in the code)?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Elias,

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS-testing tool, if this issue is related to ASP.NET app development, I suggest you post this issue to http://forums.asp.net. If then, you could get an answer more quickly and professional. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:30 AM