none
Retrieving a list of installed applications with versions programmatically

Question

• Hi All,

Just posting this to see if anyone has any ideas.  I am currently writing an application that will retrieve a list of installed applications from a windows mobile device (6.0 and above), and display this list in some way to the user.  I've already implemented the list using ConfigurationManager and passing in the following query:

<wap-provisioningdoc>
    <characteristic-query type="UnInstall" recursive="true">
    </characteristic-query>
    </wap-provisioningdoc>

Which works great, except that it just returns the names of the installed applications and ideally I want to retrieve version information as well.  If anyone knows of a good way to retrieve the same list of installed apps PLUS versions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Tim Maguire
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• AFAIK there's no version information in a CAB thus there's nothing to retrieve.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:58 PM
  • Hi ,

Can you provide the code to obtain list of Installed Apps in WM6

Thanks
    Shiv
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:21 PM
  • Get keys from HKLM\Software\Apps.
    Under each key there are values which show whether an app is installed or not and where it is installed.
    Versions are NOT available under WM.

If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    "If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting."
    • Proposed as answer by Mal Loth Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:33 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:33 PM