none
VS2012 C# BrushConverter and Color, and any other workaround i can find are missing, I can Not reference System.Windows.Media.Brush, doesnt exist past media.

Question

• Im using Visual Studio Professional 2012

Version 11.0.60610.01 Update 3

Microsoft.NET Framework Version 4.5.50709

I installed all available options on install, and any updates available.  There are No previous versions of Visual Studio on this computer, it is a clean windows 8 install 64 bit, not upgrade, just fully windows 8

Im building a windows store app, but I have no options to new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(... or  (SolidColorBrush)(new BrushConverter().ConvertFrom("#ffaacc")) because Color or BrushConverter arent found.  Ive tried adding the asembly references, VS2012 is difficult to add anything too via the solution explorer because it "already has everything referenced". and typing Using System.Windows.Media.Brush stops me after windows where ".Input" is my only option or using Windows.Media is the furthest i can add and it doesnt work with just that.  Ive searched everywhere and cant find anyone having my problem, am i really just blind or something?  ive literally spent 6 hours of searching anything i can think of and reading evey response i can get my hands on.  I knew working to make an app withing their guild-lines would be a little painful, but honestly I dont think Im doing anything wrong.

return new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(var1Alpha, var2Red, var3Green, var4Blue));

that line "Color" does not exist in the current context

buttonStart.Background = (SolidColorBrush)(new BrushConverter().ConvertFrom("#ffaacc"));

That line The type or namespace name 'BrushConverter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I just want to assign color from a user selection, but via hex

Im taking a break from the code for the day, hoping so badly that it makes sence tomorrow, or someone can help me.  Im getting frustrated that its only me :(

Thank you, even if you cant help, thanks for your time reading this it isnt always a solution to my problem but people who care enough to help others are the solution to the worlds problems.

Please let me know if you need more info, I tried to provide all that i think is needed (read alot of forums where the asker didnt provide needed things)  this is my first question ever, i usually can find answers from searching, so i understand if i didnt provide enough, just let me know and ill do my best to update with the extra required information.

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:15 PM

Answers