How can I determine the system requirements

Question

• How can I determine the system requirements of my application when I publish it?
    The more I study, the more I realize how little I know.
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 12:57 AM

All replies

• If you can elaborate, what kind of application, technology, whats your role, whats the input in activity you are working on, whats the output expected etc.. we might be able to help you better!
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Im using C# in visual studio and I am a lone programmer..

Im just wondering if visual studio has a built in program that can predict the approximate resource requirement of the project being built, like how much memory or CPU will it consume when running..

The more I study, the more I realize how little I know.
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 9:48 AM
  • Im just wondering if visual studio has a built in program that can predict the approximate resource requirement of the project being built, like how much memory or CPU will it consume when running

No, unfortunately, a time-machine has not been built into visual studio (yet). There is no way for it to predict the kind of datasets which will be utilized by end-users.

The common way is to manually test the user experience under different systems (and/or system loads).

Microsoft Test - http://tester.poleyland.com/
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:53 PM
  • During the installation of visual studio it will be able to find whether the machine on which installation happens is built in the expected configuration. After the application has been developed and when it is deployed in some other machine, it is the duty of your code to find whether the machine on which deployment happens is built with the expected configuration. 
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:23 AM