none
Creating Space between 2 text boxes when we rendered into word

Question

• Hi All

we have SSRS report where we have used many text boxes to display the results .

when we preview the report the page is breaking between 2 textboxes  and when we rendered this report to word we are getting more space between those 2 text boxes  .  and another issue is when we given print that word doc the actual text is printing from middle of the paper  leaving space before that text

Surendra Thota

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Surendra,

After the report is opened in Word, Word repaginates the entire report again based on the page size. Repagination may cause page breaks to be inserted in locations where you did not intend to add them and, in some instances, may cause the exported report to have two successive page breaks in a row or add blank pages. The extra space may be cause by the repagination. In your scenario, you can drag your textbox to the rectangle control, and then reset the position of it.

Regerence:

If the issue persists, please elaborate your report structure, if possible provide us some screenshots about it, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:20 AM
  • Hi Liao

i have achieved it by setting the Textbox property  CanShrink to True . Now the Word report is also coming without Gap .

Surendra Thota

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Surendra,

After the report is opened in Word, Word repaginates the entire report again based on the page size. Repagination may cause page breaks to be inserted in locations where you did not intend to add them and, in some instances, may cause the exported report to have two successive page breaks in a row or add blank pages. The extra space may be cause by the repagination. In your scenario, you can drag your textbox to the rectangle control, and then reset the position of it.

Regerence:

If the issue persists, please elaborate your report structure, if possible provide us some screenshots about it, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:20 AM
  • Hi Liao

when i used rectangle the gam between  text boxe and table  is minimized  but when we rendered into Word we are still getting some space . i am attaching the screen shot .

The first fig is from BIDS preview , there is no gap between 9 point and table . and

The second fig is from Word Report, there is a gap between 9 point and table .

Surendra Thota

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Hi Liao

i have achieved it by setting the Textbox property  CanShrink to True . Now the Word report is also coming without Gap .

Surendra Thota

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:54 AM