none
Sync files over tcp ip

Question

• Ok all the answers I've found here seem old - well 2 years old and counting. Many refer to "we are about to release real soon now, but not in the current version"

Problem: we have a secure vpn. We want to build a "client" and a "server" app that will sync a folder (contents) over the Tcp in the vpn.

By sync, it can initially be copy new or updated files.  Ideally there would be an event raised on the client after new files were discovered and the source and destination files were once again in "in sync". (We will deal with tomb stoning later....)

The source is is running windows 2008 server or later, the clients XP sp3 or later.

So can anyone point to patterns and practices, articles, github etc that would be a good place to start please?

Thanks

Ian

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:07 PM

All replies

• i haven't seen any mention here of an update for the file sync providers over the last couple of years.

if you have a vpn and the machines can see each other on the network, then it should work just fine.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:12 AM
  • Ok, thanks, So can anyone point to patterns and practices, articles, github etc that would be a good place to start please? Because the comment about an alternative future reality where there is going to be an update still applies to all the threads i've found....(On the positive side I'm sure this proves that there is a infinite multiverse where there was a release?)
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:58 AM
  • never heard of any update coming for the file sync providers.

the documentation that comes with the SDK is a good start to read...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:39 PM