none
duplicate entries in web.config ?

Question

• I just got hosting at a Swedish provider called Binero and unzipping Orchard as-is into my public_html returns:

Module	IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x800700b7
    Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined
    Config File \\?\UNC\10.0.0.10\vol100\content\51\105751\rluciani.com\public_html\Orchard\web.config

Line 15 highlighted red. I'm not familiar with IIS, what should I do?

14:    <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
    15: <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
    16: <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">

Sunday, June 27, 2010 7:01 PM

Answers

• The solution was to ask my provider to switch from .NET 4 to .NET 3.5 mode.
    Intuitively I would expect Orchard to be able to notify me of this but then again maybe this isn't a newbie CMS quite yet.

I've still got insufficient permissions for SQLite so I can't use Orchard anyway, but now at least we know what the issue was.
    Looking forward to the day when Orchard supports medium trust!

Thanks for the help, and don't mark as answer too soon next time ;)

Kind regards,

~Robert

• Marked as answer by r3tex Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:39 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:39 PM

All replies

• This doesn't look like an Orchard issue. Maybe you copied the application into a folder that is not configured in IIS to be an IIS application.
    • Marked as answer by Bertrand Le RoyOwner Monday, June 28, 2010 3:41 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by r3tex Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:39 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 3:41 PM
  • The solution was to ask my provider to switch from .NET 4 to .NET 3.5 mode.
    Intuitively I would expect Orchard to be able to notify me of this but then again maybe this isn't a newbie CMS quite yet.

I've still got insufficient permissions for SQLite so I can't use Orchard anyway, but now at least we know what the issue was.
    Looking forward to the day when Orchard supports medium trust!

Thanks for the help, and don't mark as answer too soon next time ;)

Kind regards,

~Robert

• Marked as answer by r3tex Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:39 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:39 PM