MS DTCConsole Error when starting windows Vista 64

Question

• MS DTCConsole Error

I need help to solve this problem. My OS is Vista 64 Bit Ultimate Edition.
    Everytime I enter windows vista, there is always error saying something like this "MS DTCconsole has stop working. An error is found so this progam is closed" 

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

How to uninstall this MS DTC ? and how to re-install it again?

Help is really appriciated. Thank You so much.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:45 AM

Answers

• It sounds like MSDTC is trying to start as a console application without being properly setup for that. MSDTC is configured to run as an nt service out of the box, so I'm wondering how your machine got to this state.

Can you open up services.msc, click on properties of "Distributed Transaction Coordinator", and check if there are any "Start parameters" set at the bottom of the General Tab?

Also, can you look in eventvwr and see if there are any msdtc related events that are logged right around when you see this error pop up?

If you would like to fix this right away, then you could do a
    msdtc -uninstall
    msdtc -install
    sc query msdtc

it should be in the stopped state. do a net start msdtc to make sure that its working correctly.

Then reboot your machine to make sure that the next time windows starts there are no issues.

-Clark

SDET (Transactions Team)
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:10 PM

All replies

• It sounds like MSDTC is trying to start as a console application without being properly setup for that. MSDTC is configured to run as an nt service out of the box, so I'm wondering how your machine got to this state.

Can you open up services.msc, click on properties of "Distributed Transaction Coordinator", and check if there are any "Start parameters" set at the bottom of the General Tab?

Also, can you look in eventvwr and see if there are any msdtc related events that are logged right around when you see this error pop up?

If you would like to fix this right away, then you could do a
    msdtc -uninstall
    msdtc -install
    sc query msdtc

it should be in the stopped state. do a net start msdtc to make sure that its working correctly.

Then reboot your machine to make sure that the next time windows starts there are no issues.

-Clark

SDET (Transactions Team)
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:10 PM
  • I ran the command as suggested on a Server 2008 computer, that is experiencing this error.  The result is:

c:\>net start msdtc
    The Distributed Transaction Coordinator service is starting..
    The Distributed Transaction Coordinator service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks;
    cfi512@yahoo.com
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:04 PM
  • Clark, thanks your fix worked great. thanks again

WT
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 3:55 AM
  • To be honest, I've had this issue for quite a while now, and I'm not too sure what caused it.

This is the Problem signature:

"Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    msdtc.exe
      Application Version:    2001.12.6931.18000
      Application Timestamp:    47918f3b
      Fault Module Name:    MSDTCTM.dll
      Fault Module Version:    2001.12.6932.18005
      Fault Module Timestamp:    49e037b6
      Exception Code:    c00000e5
      Exception Offset:    00090711
      OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    2057
      Additional Information 1:    6a80
      Additional Information 2:    941451f9458f5af61914e8074aa40ba3
      Additional Information 3:    ca20
      Additional Information 4:    bdde4d7bbd7b4a560ae4f476c762f458

Read our privacy statement:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409"

Checking online for a solution never solves anything, help please?

Thank you.

Christian. (:

"A critical error occurred in an MS DTC component therefore the process is terminating. The category field identifies the component that encountered the error. Please contact Microsoft Product Support. Error Specifics: hr = 0x80070002, d:\longhorn\com\complus\dtc\dtc\msdtc\src\cservice.cpp:473, CmdLine: C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe, Pid: 4496"

"Faulting application msdtc.exe, version 2001.12.6931.18000, time stamp 0x47918f3b, faulting module MSDTCTM.dll, version 2001.12.6932.18005, time stamp 0x49e037b6, exception code 0xc00000e5, fault offset 0x00090711, process id 0x1190, application start time 0x01cb21bb68b97fc5"

Those two comes up a lot on Event Viewer.

Also, I did exactly what you asked me to do, and it didn't work. I received an error.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:01 PM