none
Mapping EDI Nested Loops

Question

• Hello All.  Using a standard EDI 830 3020.  I'm trying to extract Forecast data from the FST loop.

The schema (default Microsoft BizTalk 2006 R2 Schema) is as such:

<Schema>
        X12_00302_830
            LIN1Loop1
                LIN
                SDPLoop1
                    SDP

Data from the LIN Node under LINLoop1 map out to my stored procedure OK.

Data from the SDP Node under the SDPLoop1 cause the entire output to be nothing.... no errors in BizTalk, no data to SQL or SQL errors.

I have tried mapping the SDPLoop1 to the root node of the target schema and without.

If I remove all links to SDP and use elements higher in the tree I get data to the SP.

BTW.... while I wait for the new Mapping Book to come out, are there any good mapping tutorials out there?  (In the mean time, learning XSLT :)

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:02 PM

Answers

• Found the Answer.  Spoke to MS, there is another FST Node (FST_2) that is actually used in this case.  So, this is a case of incorrect NodeIdentity.   I was mapping to a Node further down the tree that was not in the data, so therefore nothing was output..... 

• Marked as answer by P.Wh Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:31 PM

All replies

• Correction... The SDP loop is step 2 :)

The SDPLoop1 and SDP is actually FSTLoop1 and FST
    Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:04 PM
  • Found the Answer.  Spoke to MS, there is another FST Node (FST_2) that is actually used in this case.  So, this is a case of incorrect NodeIdentity.   I was mapping to a Node further down the tree that was not in the data, so therefore nothing was output..... 

• Marked as answer by P.Wh Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:31 PM