Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition

Question

• I did my first application using visual c++ and i did that with visual c++ 2008 Express Edition but now i don't know i can run the app in another computer, every time i tried i had error.

My project folder: http://www.puntoparquets.com/metro/calc.rar

sorry for english...
    Monday, August 27, 2007 11:54 AM

Answers

•  metRo_PT wrote:
    I did my first application using visual c++ and i did that with visual c++ 2008 Express Edition but now i don't know i can run the app in another computer, every time i tried i had error.

Uh, look, VC++ 2008 Express Edition is a beta release.  There is a separate forum for that.  Also, there are other ways to redistribute for VC++ 2008 Express, but I don't know if it is in the beta.  (Also, check the beta agreement for whether apps done with the beta VC++ and beta SDKs can be redistributed or not -- they are usually not authorized for that.)

I have collected some general information about this on my programming blog.

- Dennis

Monday, August 27, 2007 4:42 PM

All replies

• Yes i can run that program.

But maybe its that, does the other computer have Visual C++ 2008 also?

If not they should get SDK 3.5 or Visual C++ 2008.

Monday, August 27, 2007 1:23 PM
  •  metRo_PT wrote:
    I did my first application using visual c++ and i did that with visual c++ 2008 Express Edition but now i don't know i can run the app in another computer, every time i tried i had error.

Uh, look, VC++ 2008 Express Edition is a beta release.  There is a separate forum for that.  Also, there are other ways to redistribute for VC++ 2008 Express, but I don't know if it is in the beta.  (Also, check the beta agreement for whether apps done with the beta VC++ and beta SDKs can be redistributed or not -- they are usually not authorized for that.)

I have collected some general information about this on my programming blog.

- Dennis

Monday, August 27, 2007 4:42 PM
  • Hi

Iam also new to C++ but have worked with VB Express edition before. My understanding is that if you create applications that use the .NET Framework classes which is typical of the Express editions, they will not run on other computers unless they also have the .NET framework installed. If iam correct what you looking for is a standalone application that works independantly of the .NET Framework. I think they called win32 applications. To use this template option you will need to install the Platform SDK and manually alter some file settings. There is a video tutorial on the net that explains how to do this. NB The installation file is fairly large ~500 MB. I suggest checking the forums first prior to installing.

Hope this helps 

C

Sunday, October 07, 2007 11:23 AM
  • Hi all,

I have  visual studio 2005 licences and i am wonder if it is possible that i can install visual studio 2008 or 2010 within same licences instead of buying a seperate licence volumes.

your help will appreciated.

Many thanks

Dualeh

• Edited by dualeh Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Hi all,

I have visual studio 2005 licences and i am wonder if it is possible that i can install visual studio 2008 or 2010 within same licences instead of buying a seperate licence volumes.
    It is not a good idea to attach a question to an old thread, especially when there is no real connection between the topics.

You will need a new license for VS2008 or VS2010 (or VS2012), but you can get an upgrade license.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:09 AM