none
Open Source Fingerprint Scanner SDK?

Question

• Hello,

Does anyone know of any Open Source SDKs that will interact with a Fingerprint scanner and generate a bitmap?  I'm not as interested in the fingerprint comparison at the moment.  I'm mostly interested in the actual scanning of the print by a device.  My searching is coming up empty so far online...does something like this currently exist?

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:31 PM

Answers

• To interact with a Fingerprint scanner you need to get the scanner's SDK. If the scanner's producer does not give you programmatic access you are out of luck.

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:06 PM
  • Hello,

Does anyone know of any Open Source SDKs that will interact with a Fingerprint scanner and generate a bitmap?  I'm not as interested in the fingerprint comparison at the moment.  I'm mostly interested in the actual scanning of the print by a device.  My searching is coming up empty so far online...does something like this currently exist?

Thanks!

hope you are good with devices, nobody hardly offers open source, so its roll your own

the models i have looked at do not use the standard imaging system, which means its proprietary

Corsair Carbide 300R with window
    Corsair TX850V2 70A@12V
    Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CFX/SLI
    AMD Phenom II 965 C3 Black Edition @ 4.0 GHz
    G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133 8 GB
    EVGA GTX 6600 Ti FTW Signature 2(Gk104 Kepler)
    Asus PA238QR IPS LED HDMI DP 1080p
    ST2000DM001 & Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000
    Wacom Bamboo CHT470M
    Place your rig specifics into your signature like I have, makes it 100x easier to understand!

Hardcore Games Legendary is the Only Way to Play!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:58 PM

All replies

• To interact with a Fingerprint scanner you need to get the scanner's SDK. If the scanner's producer does not give you programmatic access you are out of luck.

Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:06 PM
  • Darn...oh well...

I was hoping there would be some equivalent library out there for Fingerprint scanners like AForge.Net is out there for Webcams.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:43 PM