Error: The section height is not valid.

Question

• Hi.

I have a C# asp.net app made in VS 2005 (.net 2.0) that uses CR (the bundled version).

I have two different sort of reports. Both contains textfields. I set the textfields text from c# code (simplified version here):

crText = (TextObject) crReport.ReportDefinition.ReportObjects[3];
    crText.Text = "This is a test";

This works fine in one of the reports but errors out with a COMException in the other report. The report error says "The section height is not valid.". The textfields are in the details section of both reports. The report that works has a much smaller details section and the one that errors out has a very large details section.

Did a test and found out that a certain large size of the details section makes this happens if I insert some object into the end part of the section. The problem disappears if I shrink the details section a certain size. I however have a large amount of fields that needs to be shown.

Any ideas how to get past this problem?

Thank you in advance,
    CKa.

P.S. I also posted this same question to the CR forums on businessobject's support forums (hardly ever get any answers to these questions anyway so - kind of getting tired of all these small bugs/features in CR)...

Friday, March 17, 2006 12:11 PM

All replies

• Divide your report fields in different small sections. This solved the issue for me.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:53 AM