C# Program Ideas

Question

• Hello, I am trying to learn C# and so I have been reading the book and doing the sample apps, but now I would like to go a little farther. I want to write an app that I can sharpen and learn more with C#, but I am out of ideas for applications. I could write a game and that might not be bad, but I was wonder if anyone had any ideas for a program. I feel like a writter who just can not come up with an idea for a book. So any Ideas?
    Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:21 PM

Answers

• just go with what you want really - endless possibilities. Start with a game of checkers! really - go for it, perhaps even use DirectX! There you go, 3D checkers :-)

Perhaps even make an IM program

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:40 PM
  • Cryptography might be an interesting topic.  Buy a book on the history of cryptography and write programs that implement coders/decoders or perhaps code breakers.  You will do a lot of string manipulation, arrays etc.  Try to write the code using object oriented programming principles , i.e. encapsulate things into objects such as keys, code books etc.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:43 PM
  • 3D checkers

• IM Program

• security

• shoot em up type game....would be nice actually, with even perhaps joystick support!! that would be cool and an interesting project

• how about an imaging program? Such as, drag and drop files into a window, and being able to create a CD/DVD ISO image from it? Would be an interesting project

Saturday, October 07, 2006 11:21 PM
    • Sudoku solver
    • Sudoku creator
    • Custom controls that you can use in your toolbox--knobs, dials, sliders,...
    • Explore XNA Game Studio Express
    • Create a simulation of some physical, chemical or biological process
    • Satellite orbit predictor
    Sunday, October 08, 2006 1:12 AM
  • Hi,

What about go through with the MSDN "Walkthrough"?

Do whatever you want, begin with "Hello World"...

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:17 AM
  • All replies

• just go with what you want really - endless possibilities. Start with a game of checkers! really - go for it, perhaps even use DirectX! There you go, 3D checkers :-)

Perhaps even make an IM program

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:40 PM
    • Cryptography might be an interesting topic.  Buy a book on the history of cryptography and write programs that implement coders/decoders or perhaps code breakers.  You will do a lot of string manipulation, arrays etc.  Try to write the code using object oriented programming principles , i.e. encapsulate things into objects such as keys, code books etc.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:43 PM
    • Great Ideas, please keep them coming.
      Saturday, October 07, 2006 11:07 PM
    • 3D checkers

• IM Program

• security

• shoot em up type game....would be nice actually, with even perhaps joystick support!! that would be cool and an interesting project

• how about an imaging program? Such as, drag and drop files into a window, and being able to create a CD/DVD ISO image from it? Would be an interesting project

Saturday, October 07, 2006 11:21 PM
  • Now that would be a great program, I just not sure if I am smart enough to write it. But hey, I think I might just have to get smarter to do that.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 1:05 AM
    • Sudoku solver
    • Sudoku creator
    • Custom controls that you can use in your toolbox--knobs, dials, sliders,...
    • Explore XNA Game Studio Express
    • Create a simulation of some physical, chemical or biological process
    • Satellite orbit predictor
    Sunday, October 08, 2006 1:12 AM
  •  Matt_343 wrote:
  • Now that would be a great program, I just not sure if I am smart enough to write it. But hey, I think I might just have to get smarter to do that.

If you try to do this, You will get smarter !!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

What about go through with the MSDN "Walkthrough"?

Do whatever you want, begin with "Hello World"...

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:17 AM