shockwave flash object error! BIG ERROR!

Question

• i have the Flash9d.ocx file as my flash activex object installed but when I try to put the flash on my form it gives me this message

"Failed to create component 'AxHost'.  The error message follows:
      'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D73F): This is not a COM component.
        at System.Windows.Forms.Design.DocumentDesigner.AxToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host)
        at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)
        at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponents(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Design.OleDragDropHandler.CreateTool(ToolboxItem tool, Control parent, Int32 x,
     Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean hasLocation, Boolean hasSize, ToolboxSnapDragDropEventArgs e)'"

im am so confused on what to do!?
    Friday, August 31, 2007 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Silverneo,

I know you have checked this thread. But please ensure you followed correctly all the steps as Bruno Yu said.

According to the following error, the Flash9X.ocx component is not registered.

'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D73F): This is not a COM component."

Please install the latest version of Adobe Macromedia Flash Player (9.0 r28). The component will be located at "%systemroot%\system32\macromed\flash9c.ocx".(use flash9c.ocx or flash9d.ocx version!) Then manually register it like this:

Regsvr32 flash9c.ocx

How to register an ActiveX control (.ocx) manually

Please take a try.

Best regards,

Martin Xie

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:45 AM
  • To play flash file (.swf) on WinForm, here is a simple approach: Use the AxWebBrowser component.

Right-click the ToolBox -> select 'Choose Items ...' -> Select the COM tab -> Select "Microsoft Web Browser"

There should now be a Microsoft Web Browser control in the toolbox, drag it onto your form and specify .swf file.

Me.AxWebBrowser2.Navigate("E:\VBproject\topic.swf")

Please check this thread for detail.

Thanks,

Martin

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Silverneo,

I know you have checked this thread. But please ensure you followed correctly all the steps as Bruno Yu said.

According to the following error, the Flash9X.ocx component is not registered.

'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D73F): This is not a COM component."

Please install the latest version of Adobe Macromedia Flash Player (9.0 r28). The component will be located at "%systemroot%\system32\macromed\flash9c.ocx".(use flash9c.ocx or flash9d.ocx version!) Then manually register it like this:

Regsvr32 flash9c.ocx

How to register an ActiveX control (.ocx) manually

Please take a try.

Best regards,

Martin Xie

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:45 AM
  • Another thread for reference.

Embedding .swf to vb.net forms

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 8:05 AM
  • To play flash file (.swf) on WinForm, here is a simple approach: Use the AxWebBrowser component.

Right-click the ToolBox -> select 'Choose Items ...' -> Select the COM tab -> Select "Microsoft Web Browser"

There should now be a Microsoft Web Browser control in the toolbox, drag it onto your form and specify .swf file.

Me.AxWebBrowser2.Navigate("E:\VBproject\topic.swf")

Please check this thread for detail.

Thanks,

Martin

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:33 AM
  • Hello,

Considering that many developers in this forum ask how to manipulate WebBrowser component (enabling flash, suppressing error messages, proxy support), rotate or flip images, my team has created a code sample for this frequently asked programming task in Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework. You can download the code samples at:

VBWebBrowserWithProxy

http://bit.ly/VBWebBrowserWithProxy

CSWebBrowserWithProxy

http://bit.ly/CSWebBrowserWithProxy

With these code samples, we hope to reduce developers’ efforts in solving the frequently asked

programming tasks. If you have any feedback or suggestions for the code samples, please email us: onecode@microsoft.com.

------------

The Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework (http://1code.codeplex.com) is a free, centralized code sample library driven by developers' needs. Our goal is to provide typical code samples for all Microsoft development technologies, and reduce developers' efforts in solving typical programming tasks.

Our team listens to developers’ pains in MSDN forums, social media and various developer communities. We write code samples based on developers’ frequently asked programming tasks, and allow developers to download them with a short code sample publishing cycle. Additionally, our team offers a free code sample request service. This service is a proactive way for our developer community to obtain code samples for certain programming tasks directly from Microsoft.

Thanks

Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework

Friday, March 25, 2011 1:36 AM