Windows 8 is not recognizing the touch screen on Lenovo X61 Tablet PC

Question

• Hi,

I have installed Windows 8 in a separate partition on my Tablet PC Lenovo x61 which has XP tablet edition in primary partition. Touch screen capability is not coming up by default and not sure if it is available through any settings. Could any one explain this behavior ?

Thanks

Hari

Sunday, October 02, 2011 1:20 AM

Answers

• Thanks for replying.

I am not sure Lenovo is providing drivers for Windows 8 already. But with XP Pro tablet edition, it was working fine.

Finally, when I restarted the PC a few times without any intentions of seeing a touch screen to work in Win8, it suddenly started working!!

I am guessing it is the glitch with win8 Dev preview.

-H

Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:31 PM

All replies

• It might be a case that there is a driver or software needed to make touch screen avaliable. visit Lenovo website and look for your model and see if there is any driver or software is there for tablet that you should install?

Also try contact Lenovo support and report this issue.

Sunday, October 02, 2011 11:13 AM
  • Thanks for replying.

I am not sure Lenovo is providing drivers for Windows 8 already. But with XP Pro tablet edition, it was working fine.

Finally, when I restarted the PC a few times without any intentions of seeing a touch screen to work in Win8, it suddenly started working!!

I am guessing it is the glitch with win8 Dev preview.

-H

Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:31 PM
  • There also possibility that it been update, it is recommended that after you installed Windows 8 connect it to internet and run Windows update.
    Friday, October 07, 2011 9:03 AM