How to implement my own Sync Scope Activity

Question

•  

Hi all,

I have implemented a couple of Custom Activities, which must be scheduled in a strict serial manner.

All custom activities are event driven and getting their infos by using a custom Workflow Service via Workflow Queues. When leaving the activities in the AES.executing state, the WF scheduler executes the next activity. How can I change this behavior?

When using the Sync Scope Activity, I can ensure that the next activity is executed not before the ancestor activity has finsihed its execution with the closing state.

Is there a way to sync my custom activities without using Sync Scope Activities?

Thanks

/Wolfgang

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 7:04 PM

Answers

• If you have your custom activities in a Sequence, then they will be scheduled in a strict serial manner.

If Sequence doesn't address your scenario, can you describe a bit more about the workflow you are building?

Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:58 PM

All replies

• If you have your custom activities in a Sequence, then they will be scheduled in a strict serial manner.

If Sequence doesn't address your scenario, can you describe a bit more about the workflow you are building?

Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:58 PM
  • Hi Bob,

yes you are really right!

I've to apologize for my posting.

In meantime I've found the reason for the wrong behavior. It was a coding failure of me when catching the Status Change Event in my derived SequenceActivity.

Many thanks for your hint, it forces me to review my code again!

Regards

/Wolfgang

Saturday, April 26, 2008 3:12 PM