• When registered, I was keeping get this error message:

Invalid email address

I have provided my hotmail address, like XXX@hotmail.com,

What's wrong with that?

Please help

Friday, July 21, 2006 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• I, too, am having the same problem. I use my school account, gmail, yahoo, and Insight; all to no prevail. I could use help on this topic myself. I contacted Microsoft, but they were as useless as always when it comes to support. Is there an alternative method to registering this product? Thanks
    Friday, July 21, 2006 3:15 PM
  • Also had the same problem for the last half hour. Won't register for C# or VB
    Friday, July 21, 2006 3:31 PM
  • I'm having the same problem. Tried every email address I had.

Edit:  Found solution here: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=8702&SiteID=1
    Friday, July 21, 2006 4:07 PM
  • me too!

i know my email is valid because microsoft has sent me emails confirming setup of my passport account. i also tried it at the school i work at with a different email and got the same result.
    looks like a microsoft foul up to me.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 12:54 PM
  • For anyone who is interested, I have just had a long, frustrating experience with registration.  I think the problem resulted from nothing more than a delay in the setup of my MS Passport account.  Over a period of hours, my credentials would get me far enough to enter my information, but not far enough for the information to be accepted.  Argggh!

Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:07 PM
  • how long did you have to wait? i've been sitting here all day after trying to register at 09:00 this morning...

someone i know reckons they still have the key they were given written down somewhere so i can always post that if it'll be of help...

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:10 PM
  • I'm in the same boat.. registration is free.. free product.. but can't get past e-mail validator to get a code.  It'd be nice if they'd fix that.
    Monday, July 24, 2006 2:41 PM
  • try this!

Go to Microsoft Profile Center (http://profile.microsoft.com) log in with your passport . check you have an email address listed.  it will be displayed on the screen under the subsection "Email addresses"

If you can just see a button that says "Add" then click it and add the email address you are trying to use to verify with.  then you should get an email with a confirmationlink in it. clcik on this. the key should come up. try to register again. 

good luck!!!

i'm off home now..

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:07 PM
  • That worked, E-mail address in my profile, Express version registered.  Thanks for your help Nudey_Hippy!
    Monday, July 24, 2006 3:27 PM
  • Thanks,

Manually adding my email address allowed me to register.  Thanks for the link.

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:47 PM
  • you're welcome!!!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:11 AM