How to retrieve unique changed file names from VSS?

Question

• Hi,

I want a unique list of filenames which were changed after one date. I am using Project History Option but it gives same file names which were changed after that.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Regards, Jignesh

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• What is the source control you used? What is the output file names? Do you only change one file that the history just print the same name?

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:01 AM
  • Hi Jignesh,

Did you perform Show History on the parent project or on the file?

Catherine Sea
    Version Control Software | TFS Hosting Service

Friday, March 02, 2012 8:55 AM
  • Hi Bob Bao and Catherine Sea for your inputs,

I am using MS VSS v8.0.50727.1551 and Project History option. I have several check-ins for the same file and when I see history it shows one entry for each checkin.

I am curious to know if there is any way that if I give some date range it gives me only filenames that are changed and not the check-in history?

I want to do that as and when we fix any code we need to provide file name list changed in the process documents.

Regards, Jignesh

Friday, March 02, 2012 11:27 AM
  • VSS cannot procide this kind report to you, so you should design it via IVSS. Please refer to the VSS Automation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4d44xhsd(VS.80).aspx and Visual SourceSafe Automation Reference (or you could refer to the VSS 6.0 document about Automation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb509341(VS.80).aspx)

By automation, you could query the history from database, and merge the same file records to your own report.

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by jdp12383 Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:20 AM
    Monday, March 05, 2012 3:17 AM