none
Hyperlink or Action URL on Category Axis in 100% Stacked Bar gragh, RDLC

Question

• Hi,

I have designed a report using the RDLC file to get displayed in a webform (using reportviewer control). this report has a 100% stacked bar chart with a field on the Category Axis and 5 data fields. I would like to provide a hyperlink on the category name thats getting displayed on the category axis. As users click on this, i wanted to navigae them to a different page. I can give action url on the data fields but i am not finding a way to provide a action url on the category axis. Can you please help me to find a solution for this?

Thanks

Prashanth

Prashanth Podduturi

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Prashanth,

According to your description, do you want to add an action URL to a field in the category axis, right? If so, it is not supported in current release of Reporting Services. In your scenario, we can use the following methods to work around this issue:

Method 1: Add an action in Series Labels Properties
    1.  On the design surface, right- click the stacked column to select Show Data Labels.
    2.  Back to the design surface, right-click on the Label and select Series Label Properties.
    3.  In the left pane, click Action and choose the Go to URL. Then type the URL which you want added.

Method 2: Add an action in Series Properties
    1.  On the design surface, right- click the stacked column to select Series Properties.
    2.  Repeat Step3 in Method 1.

If you have any concerns about to add an action URL to a field in the category axis, I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback.

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:56 PM
  • Hi Katherine,

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried that. I have another hyperlink on the series that shows some other information to the users when clicked. I need a hyperlink on the category to take the users directly to a detail report based on that. The other problem i am seeing on the hyperlink on the series is, the hyperlink area is not exactly overlapping the series and its going off the series. If i have multiple bars, the hyperlinks wont be there for couple of them because of this problem. Do you have any solution for this? See the image attached

i have circled it in red rectangle, there is a dotted rectangle inside that which is the hyperlink/action url on the series label. I am using IE 9 on Windows 64 bit machine

Prashanth Podduturi

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:31 PM