none
Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\MyApp.exe" to "bin\Debug\MyApp.exe". Could not find file 'obj\Debug\MyApp.exe'

Question

• After running my project in the SmartPhone emulator, I am unable to compile my project. And I haven't changed a line of code!

Thanks for your help,

Joseph Geretz

------ Build started: Project: SmartGammon, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Microsoft.Common.targets(2274,9): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\MyApp.exe" to "bin\Debug\MyApp.exe". Could not find file 'obj\Debug\MyApp.exe'.

Done building project "MyApp.csproj" -- FAILED.

========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 1 skipped ==========

========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:49 AM

Answers

• Well this is OK now. Nothing that (several) uninstalls / reinstalls couldn't fix!

:-)
    Friday, August 12, 2005 3:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Joseph,

Does the obj\Debug\MyApp.exe file actually exist and does you user account have permission to access it?

Can you try it with diagnostic logging turned on (Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->Build and Run->MSBuild project build output verbosity->Diagnostic) and reply with the detailed log?

Thanks,

Andrew Jenner
    VS Core Development
    Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:29 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

Here is the diagnostic build output. Way down at the bottom you can see that the build succeeded. Yet no EXE file is produced. Is this because this is a SmartPhone project? But still an EXE should be produced, no?

Also, can you please xplain to me the difference between the obj and bin project output folders?

Thanks!

Joe Geretz

------ Rebuild All started: Project: MyApp, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    Build started 8/10/2005 11:56:09 PM.
    Target BeforeRebuild:
    Done building target "BeforeRebuild" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target BeforeClean:
    Done building target "BeforeClean" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "CleanReferencedProjects" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(BuildingInsideVisualStudio)'!='true') was evaluated as ('true'!='true').
    Target "UnmanagedUnregistration" skipped, due to false condition; (Exists('@(UnmanagedRegistrationCache)')) was evaluated as (Exists('obj\UnmanagedRegistration.cache')).
    Target CoreClean:
      Task "ReadLinesFromFile"
      Done executing task "ReadLinesFromFile".
      Task "FindUnderPath"
        Comparison path is "bin\Debug\".
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\MyApp.frmAbout.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\MyApp.frmBoard.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\MyApp.Properties.Resources.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\MyApp.csproj.GenerateResource.Cache" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.frmAbout.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.frmBoard.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.Properties.Resources.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.csproj.GenerateResource.Cache" is outside the comparison path.
      Done executing task "FindUnderPath".
      Task "FindUnderPath"
        Comparison path is "obj\Debug\".
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\MyApp.frmAbout.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\MyApp.frmBoard.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\MyApp.Properties.Resources.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Release\MyApp.csproj.GenerateResource.Cache" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache" is inside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.frmAbout.resources" is inside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.frmBoard.resources" is inside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.Properties.Resources.resources" is inside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.csproj.GenerateResource.Cache" is inside the comparison path.
      Task "Delete"
        File "obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache" doesn't exist. Skipping.
        Deleting file "obj\Debug\MyApp.frmAbout.resources".
        Deleting file "obj\Debug\MyApp.frmBoard.resources".
        Deleting file "obj\Debug\MyApp.Properties.Resources.resources".
        Deleting file "obj\Debug\MyApp.csproj.GenerateResource.Cache".
      Done executing task "Delete".
      Task "CreateItem"
      Done executing task "CreateItem".
      Task "RemoveDuplicates"
      Done executing task "RemoveDuplicates".
      Task "MakeDir"
      Done executing task "MakeDir".
      Task "WriteLinesToFile"
      Done executing task "WriteLinesToFile".
    Done building target "CoreClean" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target AfterClean:
    Done building target "AfterClean" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target CleanPublishFolder:
        Task "RemoveDir" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(PublishDir)'=='publish\' and Exists('$(PublishDir)')) was evaluated as ('publish\'=='publish\' and Exists('publish\')).
    Done building target "CleanPublishFolder" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target Clean:
    Done building target "Clean" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target BeforeBuild:
    Done building target "BeforeBuild" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "AddHighDPIResource" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(ShouldAddHighDPIResource)'=='true') was evaluated as ('false'=='true').
    Target BuildOnlySettings:
      Task "CreateProperty"
      Done executing task "CreateProperty".
    Done building target "BuildOnlySettings" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target GetFrameworkPaths:
      Task "GetDeviceFrameworkPath"
      Done executing task "GetDeviceFrameworkPath".
      Task "CreateProperty"
    Done building target "GetFrameworkPaths" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target PrepareForBuild:
      Task "CreateProperty"
      Task "CreateProperty"
        Task "CreateProperty" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(AppConfig)'=='' and '%(RelativeDir)%(Filename)%(Extension)'=='App.Config') was evaluated as (''=='' and ''=='App.Config').
        Task "CreateProperty" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(AppConfig)'=='' and '%(RelativeDir)%(Filename)%(Extension)'=='App.Config') was evaluated as (''=='' and 'Dice.ico'=='App.Config').
        Task "CreateProperty" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(AppConfig)'=='' and '%(Filename)%(Extension)'=='App.Config') was evaluated as (''=='' and ''=='App.Config').
        Task "CreateProperty" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(AppConfig)'=='' and '%(Filename)%(Extension)'=='App.Config') was evaluated as (''=='' and 'Dice.ico'=='App.Config').
      Task "CreateItem"
      Task "MakeDir"
    Done building target "PrepareForBuild" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "PreBuildEvent" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(PreBuildEvent)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Target "UnmanagedUnregistration" skipped, due to false condition; (Exists('@(UnmanagedRegistrationCache)')) was evaluated as (Exists('obj\UnmanagedRegistration.cache')).
    Target BeforeResolveReferences:
    Done building target "BeforeResolveReferences" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "SplitProjectReferencesByType" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(ProjectReference)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Target "ResolveProjectReferences" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(NonVCProjectReference)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Target "ResolveVCProjectReferences" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(VCProjectReference)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Target "ResolveNativeReferences" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(NativeReference)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Target "GetFrameworkPaths" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target "PrepareForBuild" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target ResolveAssemblyReferences:
      Task "CreateProperty"
      Task "CreateItem"
      Task "CreateItem"
      Task "CreateItem"
      Task "ResolveAssemblyReference"
        Assemblies:
            mscorlib
            System
            System.Data
            System.Drawing
            System.Windows.Forms
            System.Xml
        AssemblyFiles:
        CandidateAssemblyFiles:
        TargetFrameworkDirectory:
            C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\v1.0\WindowsCE
        InstalledAssemblyTables:
        SearchPaths:
            {CandidateAssemblyFiles}
            {HintPathFromItem}
            {TargetFrameworkDirectory}
            {Registry:Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework,v1.0,Smartphone\AssemblyFoldersEx,OSVersion=4.20:Platform=4DE813A2-67E0-4a00-945C-3188240A8243}
            {AssemblyFolders}
            bin\Debug\
            {GAC}
            {RawFileName}
        AppConfigFile:

AutoUnify:
            False
        TargetProcessorArchitecture:

StateFile:
            obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache
        Primary reference "System.Drawing, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes".
            Resolved file path is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\v1.0\WindowsCE\System.Drawing.dll".
            Reference found at search path location "{TargetFrameworkDirectory}".
            This reference is not "CopyLocal" because it's in a Frameworks directory.
        Primary reference "System.Xml, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes".
            Resolved file path is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\v1.0\WindowsCE\System.Xml.dll".
        Primary reference "mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes".
            Resolved file path is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\v1.0\WindowsCE\mscorlib.dll".
        Primary reference "System.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes".
            Resolved file path is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\v1.0\WindowsCE\System.Windows.Forms.dll".
        Primary reference "System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes".
            Resolved file path is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\v1.0\WindowsCE\System.dll".
        Primary reference "System.Data, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes".
            Resolved file path is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\v1.0\WindowsCE\System.Data.dll".
      Done executing task "ResolveAssemblyReference".
    Done building target "ResolveAssemblyReferences" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "ResolveComReferences" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(COMReference)'!='' or '@(COMFileReference)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='' or ''!='').
    Target AfterResolveReferences:
    Done building target "AfterResolveReferences" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target ResolveReferences:
    Done building target "ResolveReferences" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target AssignTargetPaths:
      Task "AssignTargetPath"
      Done executing task "AssignTargetPath".
      Task "AssignTargetPath"
      Task "AssignTargetPath"
      Task "AssignTargetPath"
      Task "AssignTargetPath"
        Task "AssignTargetPath" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(Extension)' == '.manifest') was evaluated as ('' == '.manifest').
    Done building target "AssignTargetPaths" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "AssignTargetPaths" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target SplitResourcesByCulture:
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(Extension)'=='.licx') was evaluated as ('.resx'=='.licx').
      Task "AssignCulture"
        Culture of "" was assigned to file "frmAbout.resx".
        Culture of "" was assigned to file "frmBoard.resx".
        Culture of "" was assigned to file "Properties\Resources.resx".
      Done executing task "AssignCulture".
      Task "CreateItem"
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(Extension)'!='.resx' and '%(Extension)'!='.restext') was evaluated as ('.resx'!='.resx' and '.resx'!='.restext').
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(Extension)'=='.resx' or '%(Extension)'=='.restext') was evaluated as (''=='.resx' or ''=='.restext').
      Task "CreateItem"
    Done building target "SplitResourcesByCulture" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target CreateManifestResourceNames:
      Task "CreateCSharpManifestResourceName"
        Root namespace is 'MyApp'.
        Resource file 'frmAbout.resx' depends on 'frmAbout.cs'.
        Resource file 'frmAbout.resx' gets manifest resource name 'MyApp.frmAbout'.
        Resource file 'frmBoard.resx' depends on 'frmBoard.cs'.
        Resource file 'frmBoard.resx' gets manifest resource name 'MyApp.frmBoard'.
        Resource file 'Properties\Resources.resx' doesn't depend on any other file.
        Resource file 'Properties\Resources.resx' gets manifest resource name 'MyApp.Properties.Resources'.
      Done executing task "CreateCSharpManifestResourceName".
        Task "CreateCSharpManifestResourceName" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(ResxWithCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
        Task "CreateCSharpManifestResourceName" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(NonResxWithNoCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
        Task "CreateCSharpManifestResourceName" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(NonResxWithCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Done building target "CreateManifestResourceNames" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target PrepareResourceNames:
    Done building target "PrepareResourceNames" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "CopyNonResxEmbeddedResources" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(NonResxWithNoCulture)'!='' or '@(NonResxWithCulture)'!='' or '@(ManifestNonResxWithNoCulture)'!='' or '@(ManifestNonResxWithCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='' or ''!='' or ''!='' or ''!='').
    Target "ResolveAssemblyReferences" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target BeforeResGen:
    Done building target "BeforeResGen" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target CoreResGen:
        Using "CFResGen" task from assembly "Microsoft.CompactFramework.Build.Tasks, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".
      Task "CFResGen"
        Command:
        resgen.exe /compile frmAbout.resx,obj\Debug\MyApp.frmAbout.resources frmBoard.resx,obj\Debug\MyApp.frmBoard.resources Properties\Resources.resx,obj\Debug\MyApp.Properties.Resources.resources
        The "CFResGen" task is using "resgen.exe" from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\SDKTools\resgen.exe".
        Read in 2 resources from 'frmAbout.resx'
        Writing resource file...  Done.
        Read in 6 resources from 'frmBoard.resx'
        Read in 0 resources from 'Properties\Resources.resx'
      Done executing task "CFResGen".
        Task "CFResGen" skipped, due to false condition; ( '@(ResxWithCulture)' != '' ) was evaluated as ( '' != '' ).
    Done building target "CoreResGen" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target AfterResGen:
    Done building target "AfterResGen" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target ResGen:
    Done building target "ResGen" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "CompileLicxFiles" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(LicxFile)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Target PrepareRdlFiles:
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(Extension)'=='.rdlc') was evaluated as ('.resx'=='.rdlc').
    Done building target "PrepareRdlFiles" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target CompileRdlFiles:
        Skipping target "CompileRdlFiles" because it has no inputs.
        Though the target has declared its inputs, the input specification only references empty properties and/or empty item lists.
    Done building target "CompileRdlFiles" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target PrepareResources:
    Done building target "PrepareResources" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "ResolveKeySource" skipped, due to false condition; ($(SignManifests) == 'true' or $(SignAssembly) == 'true') was evaluated as ( == 'true' or  == 'true').
    Target "ResolveReferences" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target "ResolveKeySource" skipped, due to false condition; ($(SignManifests) == 'true' or $(SignAssembly) == 'true') was evaluated as ( == 'true' or  == 'true').
    Target BeforeCompile:
    Done building target "BeforeCompile" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "TimeStampBeforeCompile" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(RunPostBuildEvent)'=='OnOutputUpdated') was evaluated as (''=='OnOutputUpdated').
    Target "_ComputeNonExistentFileProperty" skipped, due to false condition; (
                ('$(BuildingInsideVisualStudio)' == 'true')
                and
                (
                    ('$(BuildingProject)' == 'false')
                    or
                    ('$(UseHostCompilerIfAvailable)' == 'true')
                )
                ) was evaluated as (
                ('true' == 'true')
                and
                (
                    ('true' == 'false')
                    or
                    ('false' == 'true')
                )
                ).
    Target CoreCompile:
    Done building target "CoreCompile" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "TimeStampAfterCompile" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(RunPostBuildEvent)'=='OnOutputUpdated') was evaluated as (''=='OnOutputUpdated').
    Target AfterCompile:
    Done building target "AfterCompile" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target Compile:
    Done building target "Compile" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target SgenSettings:
        Task "CreateProperty" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(WebReferenceUrl)'!='' and '$(GenerateSerializationAssembliesConfig)' == 'Auto') was evaluated as (''!='' and 'Off' == 'Auto').
    Done building target "SgenSettings" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "PerformSGen" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(ShouldGenerateSerializer)'=='true') was evaluated as ('false'=='true').
    Target SGen:
    Done building target "SGen" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "CreateSatelliteAssemblies" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(ManifestResourceWithCulture)'!='' or '@(ManifestNonResxWithCultureOnDisk)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='' or ''!='').
    Target "GenerateManifests" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(GenerateClickOnceManifests)'=='true' or '@(NativeReference)'!='' or '@(ResolvedIsolatedComModules)'!='') was evaluated as (''=='true' or ''!='' or ''!='').
    Target "AuthenticodeSign" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(EnableSigning)'=='true' and '$(SigningCertHash)'!='') was evaluated as ('false'=='true' and ''!='').
    Target "ComputeIntermediateSatelliteAssemblies" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(ManifestResourceWithCulture)'!='' or '@(ManifestNonResxWithCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='' or ''!='').
    Target CopyCopyLocalFilesToOutputDirectory:
      Task "FindUnderPath"
      Task "Copy"
      Done executing task "Copy".
    Done building target "CopyCopyLocalFilesToOutputDirectory" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "AssignTargetPaths" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target CreateSourceItemsToCopyToOutputDirectory:
      Task "CreateItem"
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(AllItemsWithTargetPath.CopyToOutputDirectory)'=='Always') was evaluated as (''=='Always').
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(AllItemsWithTargetPath.CopyToOutputDirectory)'=='PreserveNewest') was evaluated as (''=='PreserveNewest').
    Done building target "CreateSourceItemsToCopyToOutputDirectory" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "CopyOutOfDateSourceItemsToOutputDirectory" skipped, due to false condition; ( '@(SourceItemsToCopyToOutputDirectory)' != '' ) was evaluated as ( '' != '' ).
    Target "CopyOutOfDateSourceItemsToOutputDirectoryAlways" skipped, due to false condition; ( '@(SourceItemsToCopyToOutputDirectoryAlways)' != '' ) was evaluated as ( '' != '' ).
    Target CopySourceItemsToOutputDirectory:
    Done building target "CopySourceItemsToOutputDirectory" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "PrepareForBuild" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target CopyAppConfigFile:
        Skipping target "CopyAppConfigFile" because it has no outputs.
        Though the target has declared its outputs, the output specification only references empty properties and/or empty item lists.
    Done building target "CopyAppConfigFile" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "CopyManifestFiles" skipped, due to false condition; ( '$(CopyApplicationManifest)'=='true' or '$(GenerateClickOnceManifests)'=='true' ) was evaluated as ( ''=='true' or ''=='true' ).
    Target CheckForCompileOutputs:
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; (Exists('@(IntermediateAssembly)')) was evaluated as (Exists('obj\Debug\MyApp.exe')).
      Task "CreateProperty"
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(DocumentationFileProduced)'=='true') was evaluated as ('false'=='true').
      Task "CreateProperty"
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(DebugSymbolsProduced)'=='true') was evaluated as ('false'=='true').
    Done building target "CheckForCompileOutputs" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "SgenSettings" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target CheckForSGenOutputs:
        Task "CreateProperty" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(ShouldGenerateSerializer)'=='true') was evaluated as ('false'=='true').
      Task "CreateProperty"
        Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(SGenDllCreated)'=='true') was evaluated as ('false'=='true').
    Done building target "CheckForSGenOutputs" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target CopyFilesToOutputDirectory:
        Task "Copy" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(DocumentationFileProduced)'=='true') was evaluated as ('false'=='true').
      Task "Copy"
      Task "Copy"
      Task "Copy"
      Task "Copy"
      Task "Copy"
    Done building target "CopyFilesToOutputDirectory" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "RunFxCop" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(RunFxCop)'=='true') was evaluated as (''=='true').
    Target "BuildAsmmeta" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(None)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Target "CopyFilesToOutputDirectory" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target CopyAsmmetaFilesToOutputDirectory:
        Task "Copy" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(AsmmetaFile)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Done building target "CopyAsmmetaFilesToOutputDirectory" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target PrepareForRun:
    Done building target "PrepareForRun" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "ObjectRelationalValidator" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(MappingSchemaFile)'!='' or '@(EmbeddedMappingSchemaFile)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='' or ''!='').
    Target "UnmanagedRegistration" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(RegisterForComInterop)'=='true' and '$(OutputType)'=='library') was evaluated as (''=='true' and 'WinExe'=='library').
    Target "CheckForCompileOutputs" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target "CheckForSGenOutputs" skipped. Previously built successfully.
    Target GetCurrentAndPriorFileWrites:
      Task "ReadLinesFromFile"
      Done executing task "ReadLinesFromFile".
      Task "FindUnderPath"
        Comparison path is "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp".
      Task "FindUnderPath"
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.frmAbout.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.frmBoard.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.Properties.Resources.resources" is outside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.csproj.GenerateResource.Cache" is outside the comparison path.
      Task "FindUnderPath"
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache" is inside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.frmAbout.resources" is inside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.frmBoard.resources" is inside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.Properties.Resources.resources" is inside the comparison path.
        Path "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\obj\Debug\MyApp.csproj.GenerateResource.Cache" is inside the comparison path.
      Task "RemoveDuplicates"
    Done building target "GetCurrentAndPriorFileWrites" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target IncrementalClean:
      Task "CreateItem"
      Task "FindUnderPath"
      Task "FindUnderPath"
        Task "Delete" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(OrphanFileWritesInIntermediate)'!='' or '@(OrphanFileWritesInOutput)'!='' ) was evaluated as (''!='' or ''!='' ).
      Task "CreateItem"
      Task "RemoveDuplicates"
      Task "MakeDir"
      Task "WriteLinesToFile"
      Done executing task "WriteLinesToFile".
    Done building target "IncrementalClean" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target PlatformVerificationTask:
        Using "PlatformVerificationTask" task from assembly "Microsoft.CompactFramework.Build.Tasks, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".
      Task "PlatformVerificationTask"
        C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Microsoft.CompactFramework.Common.targets : warning : An internal error occurred in the Platform Verification task. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
        C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Microsoft.CompactFramework.Common.targets : warning : Parameter name: PlatformVerificationRule.mainAssembly
        C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Microsoft.CompactFramework.Common.targets : warning :    at Microsoft.CompactFramework.Build.Tasks.PlatformVerificationRule..ctor(IMetadataService asmmetaService, AssemblyNode mainAssembly)
        C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\Microsoft.CompactFramework.Common.targets : warning :    at Microsoft.CompactFramework.Build.Tasks.PlatformVerificationTask.Execute()
      Done executing task "PlatformVerificationTask".
    Done building target "PlatformVerificationTask" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "BuildAsmmeta" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(None)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
    Target CoreBuild:
    Done building target "CoreBuild" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target "PostBuildEvent" skipped, due to false condition; (
                '$(PostBuildEvent)'!=''
                and
                (
                    '$(RunPostBuildEvent)'!='OnOutputUpdated'
                    or
                    '@(IntermediateAssemblyBeforeTimeStamp)'!='@(IntermediateAssemblyAfterTimeStamp)'
                )
            ) was evaluated as (
                ''!=''
                and
                (
                    ''!='OnOutputUpdated'
                    or
                    ''!=''
                )
            ).
    Target AfterBuild:
    Done building target "AfterBuild" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target Build:
    Done building target "Build" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target AfterRebuild:
    Done building target "AfterRebuild" in project "MyApp.csproj".
    Target Rebuild:
    Done building target "Rebuild" in project "MyApp.csproj".

Done building project "MyApp.csproj".

Project Performance Summary:
         1766 ms  C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INTERNAL\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyApp\MyApp\MyApp.csproj   1 calls

Target Performance Summary:
            0 ms  Rebuild                                    1 calls
            0 ms  BuildOnlySettings                          1 calls
            0 ms  PrepareResources                           1 calls
            0 ms  PrepareForBuild                            1 calls
            0 ms  Build                                      1 calls
            0 ms  ResolveReferences                          1 calls
            0 ms  CompileRdlFiles                            1 calls
            0 ms  CleanPublishFolder                         1 calls
            0 ms  SplitResourcesByCulture                    1 calls
            0 ms  CoreCompile                                1 calls
            0 ms  GetFrameworkPaths                          1 calls
            0 ms  CopyAsmmetaFilesToOutputDirectory          1 calls
            0 ms  AfterCompile                               1 calls
            0 ms  PrepareForRun                              1 calls
            0 ms  SGen                                       1 calls
            0 ms  BeforeResGen                               1 calls
            0 ms  PrepareResourceNames                       1 calls
            0 ms  Compile                                    1 calls
            0 ms  AfterRebuild                               1 calls
            0 ms  CoreBuild                                  1 calls
            0 ms  CopyAppConfigFile                          1 calls
            0 ms  PrepareRdlFiles                            1 calls
            0 ms  BeforeClean                                1 calls
            0 ms  AfterClean                                 1 calls
            0 ms  SgenSettings                               1 calls
            0 ms  Clean                                      1 calls
            0 ms  ResGen                                     1 calls
            0 ms  AfterBuild                                 1 calls
            0 ms  CreateSourceItemsToCopyToOutputDirectory   1 calls
            0 ms  CopyCopyLocalFilesToOutputDirectory        1 calls
            0 ms  AfterResGen                                1 calls
            0 ms  CheckForSGenOutputs                        1 calls
            0 ms  CopySourceItemsToOutputDirectory           1 calls
            0 ms  BeforeCompile                              1 calls
            0 ms  AfterResolveReferences                     1 calls
            0 ms  BeforeRebuild                              1 calls
           16 ms  CreateManifestResourceNames                1 calls
           16 ms  BeforeBuild                                1 calls
           16 ms  CheckForCompileOutputs                     1 calls
           16 ms  BeforeResolveReferences                    1 calls
           16 ms  AssignTargetPaths                          1 calls
           16 ms  CopyFilesToOutputDirectory                 1 calls
           16 ms  IncrementalClean                           1 calls
           31 ms  GetCurrentAndPriorFileWrites               1 calls
           47 ms  CoreClean                                  1 calls
          109 ms  ResolveAssemblyReferences                  1 calls
          469 ms  PlatformVerificationTask                   1 calls
          844 ms  CoreResGen                                 1 calls

Task Performance Summary:
            0 ms  CreateProperty                             8 calls
            0 ms  Copy                                       6 calls
            0 ms  MakeDir                                    3 calls
            0 ms  RemoveDuplicates                           3 calls
            0 ms  AssignTargetPath                           5 calls
            0 ms  CreateItem                                10 calls
            0 ms  AssignCulture                              1 calls
            0 ms  WriteLinesToFile                           2 calls
            0 ms  GetDeviceFrameworkPath                     1 calls
           16 ms  ReadLinesFromFile                          2 calls
           16 ms  CreateCSharpManifestResourceName           1 calls
           16 ms  Delete                                     1 calls
           62 ms  FindUnderPath                              8 calls
           94 ms  ResolveAssemblyReference                   1 calls
          453 ms  PlatformVerificationTask                   1 calls
          812 ms  CFResGen                                   1 calls

Build succeeded.

Time Elapsed 00:00:01.78
    ========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Thursday, August 11, 2005 4:02 AM
  • Well this is OK now. Nothing that (several) uninstalls / reinstalls couldn't fix!

:-)
    Friday, August 12, 2005 3:56 AM
  • Try...

Build solution for:

"Unable to copy file The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Place in pre build event of project:

if exist "$(TargetPath)"*".locked" del "$(TargetPath)"*".locked"
    if exist "$(TargetPath)" move "$(TargetPath)" "$(TargetPath)."%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%date:~10,4%_@_%time:~0,2%h%time:~3,2%m%time:~6,2%s%.locked

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:51 PM