none
How to Display Details set on Specific Part/Position of the Page

Question

• (Pre-Printed Sheet) - Displaying the bound data sources only on the specific data region.

I have a requirement to Print the dataset values only on the Specific part of the page, means dataset may come with more than 200 to 300 rows, here i wanted to display 10 rows on a page, then additional 10 rows to be printered/rendered only at the specific data region where i have placed the Tablix Data Region,

I had a Page break option set to the Tablix Detail Region, hence every 10 rows are printed consequently. I am not getting those rows printed on the specifc data region, it is automatically printed after the header section.

Please help me in this.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:34 AM

Answers

• Hi SivaSakthivel M,

Thank you for your reply.

In your case, if these four tables bound to the same dataset, we can use list to solve the issue. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Based on your design, add a list in the report body.
    2. Bound the list to the same dataset.
    3. Click the list, right click (Details) in the Row Groups dialog box, select Group Properties.
    4. Click Add icon, Group on:=Ceiling(RowNumber(Nothing)/10)
    5. Click (Details), select PageBreak in the Properties dialog box. Select "Between" in the BreakLocation property textbox.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:47 PM

All replies

• the thing i wanted here is,

Static Report Template with the Dynamic Fields Population, I wanted only the details section to be changed, then all the subsequent rendered Page should be of the template, not the remain values from the first page.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:51 AM
  • sorry didnt get what you mean by showing 10 rows in specific data region. can you show a screenshot of how you want the report to display?

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue Visakh ---------------------------- http://visakhm.blogspot.com/ https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs

Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:17 AM
  • Dear VmBlogs,

Please find this is the Pre-Printed ticket, There are 4 Datasets coming into this report, where i should bind into these below tables, where in 2 tables, like Right Top table and the bottom table would be having more than 50 to 100 rows, hence this has to be printed in 5 or 10 sheets, so we have to paginate every 10 rows to this specific location of the pre-printed ticket.

I am not able to attach the image, as my profile has not been verified.

Hope you get this clearly.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:36 AM
  • Sorry didnt get exact layout. If its just paging you want isnt it matter of putting page breaks.

Also for any static part put statements in designer and it will come consistently. FOr places where you need dynamic values you refer fields from the dataset or use them in expressions

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue Visakh ---------------------------- http://visakhm.blogspot.com/ https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs

Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:15 AM
  • Dear Vmblogs,

Please find this the related thread, "Special Report Structure"

Same issue i am also facing it, you will get the idea when you see the above thread and see the attachment.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Hi SivaSakthivel M,

If I understand correctly, you want to specify 10 rows to display in one page.

In your case, we can use page break to work the issue. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Click “(Details)” in the Row Groups dialog box.
    2. In the Properties dialog box, expand PageBreak properties below Group.
    3. Below “PageBreak”, select “End” with “BreakLocation” property.
    4. Click “Disable”, select “<Expression>”. You can refer to the expression below:
    =IIF((RunningValue(Fields!Detail.Value, Count, Nothing)) Mod 10,True,False)

You can refer to the screenshot below:

If there are any misunderstanding, please elaborate the issue for further investigation.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang

Monday, December 02, 2013 5:03 AM
  • Dear Alisa Tang,

Thanks for you reply. Please find the below is my report template, where i have 4 tables to be displayed, i have bound the dataset to each of the tables.

Please find this the related thread, "Special Report Structure", i am not able to add images, bcoz my account has not yet verified.

I can accomodate only 10 rows in table2, because that is only have to be shown on a single page, with the all the tables. it is mandatory to show all these tables on page.

If i get more than 10 rows on Table2, i should show those additional rows on a next page with the same kind of template, at the same detail region of Table2. Table 4 should not go down to the next page. It should show their rows on first page and if this table also get more rows than the expected, these additional rows has also to be displayed on the next page at the same detail region of the deisgned template.

Because i would feeding the same pre-printed sheet in printer to get these report item values printed.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Monday, December 02, 2013 5:31 AM
  • Hi SivaSakthivel M,

Thank you for your reply.

In your case, if these four tables bound to the same dataset, we can use list to solve the issue. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Based on your design, add a list in the report body.
    2. Bound the list to the same dataset.
    3. Click the list, right click (Details) in the Row Groups dialog box, select Group Properties.
    4. Click Add icon, Group on:=Ceiling(RowNumber(Nothing)/10)
    5. Click (Details), select PageBreak in the Properties dialog box. Select "Between" in the BreakLocation property textbox.

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:47 PM
  • Dear Alisa Tang,

Thanks for your kind reply. I followed your method by including the Tables into the List region and set the List PageBreak for every 10 records, but it forced me bind one dataset inside.

This is fine when we move with binding the same Dataset/DataSource inside the List control.

But in my requirement, i was supposed to bind different datasets to those tables, like

Table1 to bind with Dataset1

Table2 to bind with Dataset2

Table3 to bind with Dataset3

Table4 to bind with Dataset4,

I wants to show all these different datasets in tabular format with each 10 rows on a page.

Please help if you can come up. Thanks in Advance.

Friday, December 06, 2013 4:08 AM
  • As List Control not accepts the Multiple DataSets,

I kept 2 List Controls Regions to Paginate for every 10 records for 2 different DataSets in a report page.

But still the Upper List Control moves down the below list Control Rows upto when the 1st list Control completes all the detail rows.

How to overcome this issue ?

Also i could not join these different datasets into One, id i join, i may get cross joined more number of records.

Hence Single Dataset bind is not feasible.

Friday, December 06, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Hi SivaSakthivel M,

Please try to use lookup() function to display more than one dataset in one list to work around the issue. There is an articel about Lookup() function, please refer to it.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210531.aspx

Regards,
    Alisa Tang

Alisa Tang

Monday, December 09, 2013 1:32 AM