none
RAPI.CreateProcess wceload.exe not working.

Question

• I am trying to install cab from my PC. I use OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication for it.

But nothing happened. My code is as follows:

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

Me.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor

Dim myRAPI As New RAPI()

"D:\Debug\AutoInstallSetup.CAB", "\Windows\Email\AutoInstallSetup.CAB", True)

myRAPI.CopyFileToDevice(

"D:\Debug\AutoInstallSetup.inf", "\Windows\Email\AutoInstallSetup.inf", True)

If myRAPI.DeviceFileExists("\Windows\Email\AutoInstallSetup.CAB") = True AndAlso myRAPI.DeviceFileExists("\Windows\Email\AutoInstallSetup.inf") = True Then

myRAPI.CreateProcess("\Windows\wceload.exe", "/noaskdest /noui \Windows\Email\AutoInstallSetup.CAB")

'I also used /silent but doesn't happend.

End If

myRAPI.Disconnect()

MsgBox(

"Done !")

Me.Cursor = Cursors.Default

End Sub

Help ????

myRAPI.Connect()

myRAPI.CopyFileToDevice(

Friday, October 01, 2010 1:03 PM

Answers

• Can you make sure the CreateProcess  method is called? What's the return value? If the return value is false, use CeGetLastError and CeRapiGetError (or something similar in OpenNETCF's library) to get the details of the error.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa922104.aspx 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Monday, October 04, 2010 10:01 AM

All replies

• Can you make sure the CreateProcess  method is called? What's the return value? If the return value is false, use CeGetLastError and CeRapiGetError (or something similar in OpenNETCF's library) to get the details of the error.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa922104.aspx 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Monday, October 04, 2010 10:01 AM
  • \windows\wceload /noui <cabfile> usually works for me. I believe that the /noaskdest may be redundant, I have not needed it in the past.

I am presuming that you have already verified that you can install the cab file by running it manually from File Explorer on the device. Depending on what you are doing, you may need to sign the cab file before wceload will allow it to be installed.

-JL
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 9:42 PM