none
html SyntaxError

All replies

• The application could not be loaded. Please try refreshing the page. Failed to load model: failed to parse the model JSON string. Failure reason: syntax error.

Hi,

Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 

At the same time it's also recommended to update new HTML client version, and check whether it makes sense.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:33 AM
  • Tried all that still same problem.

JAYFISCHBOY

Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:39 AM
  • Tried all that still same problem I'm REALY lost

JAYFISCHBOY

Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:40 AM
  • HI,

For this issue, sometimes when you build or deploy your project in Visual Studio, the output will say that there are errors, but there doesn’t appear to be any apparent errors in the output it gives you.  It’s times like this that you need to do what I refer to as “turning the build output up to 11”. 

In the Options window, find Projects and Solutions >> Build and Run. Find Diagnostic in the drop-down for MSBuild project build output verbosity.

Hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:11 AM
  • I have the same problem or at least the same error message

"The application could not be loaded. Please try refreshing the page.
    Failed to load model: failed to parse the model JSON string. Failure reason: syntax error. "

I am using Visual Studio 2013 professional with an existing desktop application attempting to add HTML client to this app.

I am using JavaScript.runtime of 2.0.0.0 as the updated version 2.5 causes additional errors and cannot find msls. Could this be another clue? Do you need the newget packages we have installed?

when running JavaScript runtime 2.5 Unhandled exception at line 3, column 1 in
              http://localhost:49219/HTMLClient/Scripts/Generated/data.js 
              0x800a1391 - JavaScript runtime error: 'msls' is undefined

Any assistance with this would be very helpful.

Cliff

Thursday, July 24, 2014 12:01 AM
  • Yea. Tried all these stuff. Ain't working. I'm totally stuck.

JAYFISCHBOY

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:13 AM
  • JAYFISCHBOY

Have you had any luck figuring this out? I am totally frustrated with this also.

LS is great but when you get stuck with problems like this it brings your operation to a total standstill.

HELP HELP smart lightswitch people.........

Cliff

Saturday, August 09, 2014 6:36 PM