none
Does Visual Studio Online require my website to be in the cloud?

Question

• I am very interested in Visual Studio Online, but we do not have any websites in the cloud.

Will I be able to use Load Testing, Continuous Integration(Build), and Analytics without having a cloud based website?

It looks like I will be able to use TFS features like Agile Planning.

Friday, January 10, 2014 10:06 PM

Answers

• Nope, your web site doesn't have to be in the cloud. Visual Studio Online is for managing your software project just like Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server -- only without as much administering and maintenance.

Esther Fan | Visual Studio | If a post answers your question, please mark it as the answer. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hi btull89,

Visual Studio Online is the home for your project data in the cloud. When you want to use the features, you need to create a team project after having a VSO account. For Visual Studio Online, please go to this page for more details.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:41 AM
  • Nope, your web site doesn't have to be in the cloud. Visual Studio Online is for managing your software project just like Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server -- only without as much administering and maintenance.

Esther Fan | Visual Studio | If a post answers your question, please mark it as the answer. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:47 AM
  • Thank you for the reply Esther. I did further research, and I really like the direction Visual Studio Online is going in. I am very excited to try this out with my website that is not in the cloud.
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:05 PM