none
HMACSHA512 with Windows Phone 8

Question

• I'm trying to access a Web Service that uses HMACSHA512 in their authentication protocol (much like Azure Storage uses HMACSHA256) and have found that this hash is not supported at part of Windows Phone 8. Does anyone know some way I can gain access to it? I am dead in the water without it.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 4:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• HashLib has an open-source implementation. You could use that.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Thanks for the reference but in trying to port that to WinPhone 8 it appears it's using some classes from System.Security.Cryptography and it just isn't going to work.

What a disappointment, this is a huge roadblock for me.

Friday, April 26, 2013 11:10 PM
  • Look up Bouncy Castle - it has it too.  I can find references to it in bccrypto-net-1.7-src-ext\csharp\crypto\src\security\MacUtilities.cs

Darin R.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:55 PM
  • I am actually now making progress with HashLib. I pulled out all of the "BuildIn" functionality which referenced System.Security.Cryptography and it at least builds now as a WinPhone 8 class lib. I'll circle back around here if/when I get it working.
    Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Just wanted to update that I was able to get HashLib working on Windows Phone 8 by removing all the "BuildIn" classes. Without those (and a few ties to them throughout the code) all seems to be working well. Thanks for the tip!
    Monday, April 29, 2013 3:37 AM