none
Send out repeating notifications until an item is approved?

Question

• We've got a calendar with events requiring approval.  Let's say there is an event scheduled next wednesday @ 4:00 that needs to be approved. 

I'd like to send out a notice email to everybody on the team twice a day, every workday (M-F)during work hours (8:00am-5:00pm) - until the event is approved.  It would be great if the email said how many hours left until the event is going to take place.

We've got the workflow approval process in place.

Any idea what to add to that to keep bugging everybody to approve it?

• Edited by Geek 2014 Friday, January 10, 2014 6:03 PM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to send out repeating notifications until an item is approved.

I’m not very clear about that ‘keep bugging everybody to approve it’. Do you want to complete the workflow once a user approve the task?

By design in SharePoint Designer workflow, the workflow will be completed untill all users approve the tasks.

To assign task to multiple users, you need to:

1. Create a workflow and add action: Start Approval Process.
    2. Click these user, select the Group, change One or a time(serial) to All at onec(paralle).
    3. Right click the action, select Properties, click ExpandGroups, change No to Yes.
    4. Then you can assign task to each member of the group.

To complete the workflow once a user approve the task, you need to:

1. Click Approval.
    2. Go to change the completion conditions for  this task process  page.
    3. Deleting the condition and Task Process: Active Task Count equals 0.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:46 AM

All replies

• You would need to run a workflow to do a pause for duration (12 hours, 1 day, etc.) and then have it fire an email until a condition is met for the approval to be completed.

Andy Wessendorf SharePoint Developer II | Rackspace andy.wessendorf@rackspace.com

Friday, January 10, 2014 6:23 PM
  • Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to send out repeating notifications until an item is approved.

I’m not very clear about that ‘keep bugging everybody to approve it’. Do you want to complete the workflow once a user approve the task?

By design in SharePoint Designer workflow, the workflow will be completed untill all users approve the tasks.

To assign task to multiple users, you need to:

1. Create a workflow and add action: Start Approval Process.
    2. Click these user, select the Group, change One or a time(serial) to All at onec(paralle).
    3. Right click the action, select Properties, click ExpandGroups, change No to Yes.
    4. Then you can assign task to each member of the group.

To complete the workflow once a user approve the task, you need to:

1. Click Approval.
    2. Go to change the completion conditions for  this task process  page.
    3. Deleting the condition and Task Process: Active Task Count equals 0.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:46 AM