How To Create An Email Client To Check My Emails?

Question

• Hello all,

I'm new to Visual Studio and I've been watching tutorials and searching, but I'm trying to find out exactly what I have to do to create an email client. I need to create a email client that can check one of my email accounts for me, then based on the criteria I setup for the "From" field in the email client, it will search for a partial match of a URL in the email and then open the link in another tab.

Example:

If I get email and the

"From" [Testing Servers],
    Subject: Any Subject

BODY:
    This is a place where you can get all of your downloads and updates. In order to get your updates, click here: http://www.domain.com/updates/fileupdates.html

After your updates are complete, make sure you head over to: http://www.otherdomain.com/downloads/downloadpage.htm

to get your downloads. Once you get your downloads, make sure you install each one in order for the software to work. If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@emailaccount.com

Thank you
    The Testing Servers Team
    http://www.someotherdomainname.com

=======================================================

Inside of that email, there are 3 different URL links. I want to be able to set a criteria in the email client so that when I put in a partial match, it will load the link in another browser. If it doesn't find any links that match the criteria, it would delete the email from the inbox of the account.

I use a FREE email tool called POP Peeper and it is simiilar to what I am trying to create, with the exception that I can check the "From" field and open a preset "partial-link in a browser tab.

Is it possible for me to do that with the Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition?

Any feedback and input is highly appreciated, and I thank you in advance for your valued time.

Kevin

Sunday, May 10, 2009 4:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Kevin,

Just based on your post, I would recommend that you have a look at POP3 Email Client (.NET 2.0) for your reference. This
    class making it easy to interact with POP3 email server, like listing of emails, download and deletion. Special attention was given to reliable connection control. The code was tested for several months with Google Gmail, including SSL.

Best regards,
    Riquel

p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-top:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:10.0pt;margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';} .MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;}

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:06 AM