none
Conection problem

Question

• i have a problem when i connect my software to database The following error occured when i try to connect

The following error occured when i try to connect "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server"

Friday, October 04, 2013 4:17 PM

Answers

• Friday, October 04, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hello Ghadeer , 

When you are reporting an error like "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server" , I am considering  that nobody will be unable to help you as it is only a "generic" message.

If you want any help , we need some more useful information , and I suggest you to have a look at this sticky thread at the beginning of the list of threads for this forum.

A minimum :

you are using a database , ok , but we don't know which is the type of database ? ( Access , Excel , SQL Server CE , ORACLE , MySQL , and the list is far to be complete ... ). We need also the version of this database ( for SQL Server : 2008 , 2008 R2 , 2012 for example , I have eliminated 2000 and 2005 as for these versions , you will not be able to obtain any support which is ended since October 2012 ).

It would be interesting to know the edition : if it is a SQL CE , a moderator will move your thread towards a more appropriate forum.

If you are using a connection string ( often "hidden" in an .ASP or .Config file but it is so easy to find .... ), open this file , find the connection string and post it ( if you are using a SQL Server authentication , don't forget to replace the password by ***** , a password is a security value which should be read on a forum )

It would be useful to tell us which driver ( JDBC , ODBC , OLEDB , ... from Microsoft , ORACLE , ... the version you have installed ) you are using.

This list is far to be ended.

Have a nice day.

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:43 PM

All replies

• Friday, October 04, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

What  software you are trying to connect to database?

Friday, October 04, 2013 4:40 PM
  • Hello Ghadeer , 

When you are reporting an error like "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server" , I am considering  that nobody will be unable to help you as it is only a "generic" message.

If you want any help , we need some more useful information , and I suggest you to have a look at this sticky thread at the beginning of the list of threads for this forum.

A minimum :

you are using a database , ok , but we don't know which is the type of database ? ( Access , Excel , SQL Server CE , ORACLE , MySQL , and the list is far to be complete ... ). We need also the version of this database ( for SQL Server : 2008 , 2008 R2 , 2012 for example , I have eliminated 2000 and 2005 as for these versions , you will not be able to obtain any support which is ended since October 2012 ).

It would be interesting to know the edition : if it is a SQL CE , a moderator will move your thread towards a more appropriate forum.

If you are using a connection string ( often "hidden" in an .ASP or .Config file but it is so easy to find .... ), open this file , find the connection string and post it ( if you are using a SQL Server authentication , don't forget to replace the password by ***** , a password is a security value which should be read on a forum )

It would be useful to tell us which driver ( JDBC , ODBC , OLEDB , ... from Microsoft , ORACLE , ... the version you have installed ) you are using.

This list is far to be ended.

Have a nice day.

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:43 PM