TFS 2010 on W08R2 64bit: cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows ???

Question

• Hello,
    we are trying to install the TFS 2010 RTM on a fresh installed single server running only

-Windows 2008R2 64bit
    -SQL Server 2008 R2 64 bit
    -SharePoint Services 3.0 64 bit

but every time we try to start the setup.exe we are getting the following error:

"[Window Title]
    F:\TFS-x64\setup.exe

[Content]
    The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

In the windows event log I find the following corresponding entry:

"The program or feature "F:\TFS-x64\setup.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available."

I'm a little bit confused about these error, specially even when I try to install the 32bit version I still get the same error...

Can someone give me a hint how to solve this problem?

Thanx,
    Chris

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 6:38 PM

Answers

• Solution found...

The ISO image had problem to start the .exe files (all other files could be opened succesfully), we copied another iso image to the server and everything was fine... Strange thing, but now everything is fine...

Chris

• Marked as answer by Chris Oertel Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:57 AM
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:57 AM

All replies

• Solution found...

The ISO image had problem to start the .exe files (all other files could be opened succesfully), we copied another iso image to the server and everything was fine... Strange thing, but now everything is fine...

Chris

• Marked as answer by Chris Oertel Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:57 AM
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:57 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your kindly sharing here. I'm so glad to hear that you solved the problem yourself.

Have a nice week!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:35 AM