none
wininit event id 11 error

General discussion

• working on a desk top system upgraded to windows 7 64 bit, keep getting this error every time i reboot, then i check event viewer, this is at the top of this list all the time, saying "custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application, the system adim should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted application"

so how do i check out my dynamic link libraries.

Sunday, February 21, 2010 5:00 PM

All replies

• Perhaps a bit off-topic for this forum, but it sounds like you have AppInit_DLLs set to load.  Check the [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls] value in the registry, and try to determine what DLLs are loading from there.  (Alternatively, check Sysinternals' Autoruns' AppInit tab.) Google software adds DLLs there, as do AV software packages and various other software.
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 7:57 PM
  • For reference -
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 kicks this event off on my new (non-upgrade) Win 7 machine.
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:03 AM
  • Yes, KAV/KIS fiddles with AppInit_DLLs...
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:42 AM
  • Read elsewhere that the path(s) to the DLL(s) is/are listed in the Details tab of this warning. For me, it is showing C:\Windows\system32\nvinitx.dll which is part of the NVIDIA driver on my notebook. (It's this hybrid Optimus thing where it can switch between integrated and discrete GPUs per application, so this sort of makes sense.)
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:23 AM
  • Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavillion dv7-6153a Laptop

Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem with event id 11 errors.  I used to Autoruns to check the AppInit_DLLs set to load and discovered that the AVG antivirus resident shield starter, avgrssta.dll, was set to load.

What should I do? Should I disable this to stop the error? I have hundreds or id 11 errors and they are all based on this!

Many thansk for any advice,

Judd

Friday, December 09, 2011 6:03 PM
  • Hi Judd,

is it "only to see" the event 11 or did you have any performance issues with this ?

Best regards

RPA
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:34 AM
  • As of 2013-Dec, on my Windows 7 Home Premium system, I also see many entries for that warning and they ALL pertain to the same nVidia DLL as shown below.

"Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications."

When I checked Sysinternals' AutoRuns tool > AppInit tab, there were no entries.

Here's one example from the System Event Log which references this nVidia DLL nvinitx.dll:

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
    Date:          2013/12/10 22:58:58 PM
    Event ID:      11
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      
    User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:      ComputerName
    Description:
    Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206F6DEA-D3C5-4D10-BC72-989F03C8B84B}" />
        <EventID>11</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>3</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
        <EventRecordID>236751</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="764" ThreadID="804" />
        <Channel>System</Channel>
        <Computer>ComputerName</Computer>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data Name="StringCount">1</Data>
        <Data Name="String">C:\windows\system32\nvinitx.dll</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

• Edited by Paulie-D Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:19 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:06 AM
  • Have you solved this error and how?

PNMANTAK

Monday, February 10, 2014 4:12 PM
  • THIS IS A GOOD/PERFECT EXAMPLE WHY ALL OF THESE USER FORUMS SHOULD BE ABANDONED AND ALL ISSUES BE FUNNELED THRU "EVENT VIEWER" WHICH DOCUMENTS ALL ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS AND THE RESOURCES OF MS BETTER DIRECTED AT PERFECTING SUCH, RATHER THAN THE MASSES OF USERS POKING AROUND AND DABBLING WITH THEIR PC'S OFTEN WITH BAD CONSEQUENCES.
    Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:03 AM
  • NVIDIA, like Microsoft, are as ubiquitous as they are problematic!

I've been working in my cyber-lab, trying to get a SOLID build. I'm using the new and amazing native virtualization technology offered by Windows 7, so I'm can jump between builds. "Jim" is looking very clean. Maybe still some occasional  Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" 0xC0000035 start failure errors (two solutions to two old issues in one hour?! In the zone :)

I've had numerous issues with the display stuff in my Dell XPS l502x, and I've resolved all (to my knowledge) by going for the clean install of NVIDIA drivers - I'm not a gamer, so I don't use Steam {yet?}, don't need NVIDIA's experience system-helper-process monitoring (and finding) the latest device driver updates every {other} day. I short, cutom install, select only the device driver. If you're on an XPS (like me) with the WiDi stuff, I believe the full install process is as follows - 

install intel stuff (custom, uncheck HD Audio)

install NVIDIA stuff (custom, device drivers only)

install WiDi (intel has a new tool that identifies your H/W and installs the S/W. This should be the last device installed 

Even after these strenuous steps, I was still being warned, re Event 11: Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. 

I ran Autoruns and searched for nvi, getting all NVIDIA shizzle, F3 to find next, and lo and behold, under 

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls

(and the SystemWindowsOnWindows64 supporting equivalent key, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls)

I spotted the AppInit_DLLs Registry String (C:\Windows\system32\nvinitx.dll,C:\windows\system32\nvinitx.dll)

I unchecked (autorun), rebooted, and tested (even accessing nvidia's superfluous control panel via Desktop Context, which {incidentally} loaded instantaneously!!)

Now, if you're a pixel-wizard, with advanced colour profiles, and 3D-stereoscopic streaming of High Definition displays... you might wanna tread with caution. Goes without saying: backup reg before hacking, no harm in creating a system restore point prior to making system changes.

Good luck, and any problems please share. Winblows. 

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 3:13 PM
  • MORE CONCISE ANSWER!

1) go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

2) delete, the AppInit_DLLs key. 

(x64?) Repeat @ HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls

3) Reboot, check logs and display functionality. all good? 

4) celebrate

OR

1) Find (ctrl+f), uncheck each instance of nvinit.dll in Autoruns (f3 = find next :)

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 3:24 PM