none
Setting up a common remote database to work with an online website and a windows mobile application together

Question

• Im planning to develop a mobile application as well as an online website in which i need a facility like

*i enter my name through the mobile application and it is stored in a remote database and i can retrive the name updated  from the remote database through the website.

Im really confused how should i set up the database.I need help

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 4:30 PM

Answers

• Hi VISHNU GB

1. The first step is to create website with database and deploy it on web server.
    2. Now You have to write SOAP based web-service (Data-Access and Business logic) which returns XML which is properly coordinate with database on web server.
    3. Now add reference of web-service to your mobile app (android, windows) and now you can use any methods which you are written in web-service.

4. To achieve Your goal first you have to write InsertName Method and DisplayName method in web service.

Thanks.

Owner | Software Developer at NULLPLEX SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS http://nullplex.com

Friday, December 27, 2013 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 27, 2013 2:56 AM
  • Hi VISHNU GB

1. The first step is to create website with database and deploy it on web server.
    2. Now You have to write SOAP based web-service (Data-Access and Business logic) which returns XML which is properly coordinate with database on web server.
    3. Now add reference of web-service to your mobile app (android, windows) and now you can use any methods which you are written in web-service.

4. To achieve Your goal first you have to write InsertName Method and DisplayName method in web service.

Thanks.

Owner | Software Developer at NULLPLEX SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS http://nullplex.com

Friday, December 27, 2013 3:27 AM
  • Im really thankful for your consideration.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 6:01 PM
  • Im really thankful for your consideration.
    Thursday, January 02, 2014 6:01 PM