none
The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

Question

•  Hi,

One of our application uses word object to print the documents. We use

ObjWord.Documents.Open("FileName") 

to open the document. After opening we print the document. After printing we close the documents using the code 

ObjWord.Documents.close('False")

Then we quit the Word by 

ObjWord.Quit and setting ObjWord = Nothing

Now our application is in Production. Clients came across the following  error only once

The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

Please help me to find the cause of this error. Since the application is in Production we can not try for different possiblities. So please give me the exact answer if possible.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jayaseelan
    Monday, July 28, 2008 4:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• The RPC is a service of the Windows operating system.  It usually autostarts and gives no problems.  It the service is not starting then some other service that it is dependant upon is failing tostart as well.  This is something you should have you system administrators pursue in the production environment.

You are probably having an issue with a call to the WMI provider. 

RPC stands for Remote Procedure Call service. 

try these links:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224370

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=239140&SiteID=1

Ibrahim

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:22 AM
  • Hi Ibrahim,

Is there any way to solve this problem through code. Clients have reported this problem occurs only when they run the application for the first time in  a machine. Or is it possible to handle this and can we start the RPC server through code.

In some articles I studied that, closing the opened word document and assighning  to Nothing will solve the problem. Will it solve the problem ?

Kindly give your suggestions for the problem.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jayaseelan
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:22 AM
  • Hi Ibrahim,

Thanx for your comments on it. We could able to convince clients that it was not the problem in coding.

Regards,
    Jayaseelan
    Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:26 AM