none
Chart Type - Shape doughtnut label inside the doughtnut hole

Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to insert a series label of a doughnut shaped chart inside of the "doughtnut hole" ? :)

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your post.

You can right click the Shape Doughnut Chart, and check the option of “Show Data Labels”, and click the data label and you can see Chart Series Labels in the right Properties Windows. Following this, you can control the data label position through using Position property. While, the data label only is shown inside or outside based on my test. Please see the screenshot below:

Additionally, in SQL Server Report Builder and SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, embedding report items such as Textbox, Tablix and Rectangle into one chart is not supported. When dragging one of report items into one chart area, the report item will show outside the chart at run time. Therefore, I think it’s not possible to insert a textbox to embed the chart.

If I have any misunderstanding, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Pedro,

In Reporting Services, the data labels will be displayed fully outside or inside the Shape Doughnut Chart. The behavior is by design.

Therefore, I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql. Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Reference:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964128(v=sql.90).aspx

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan

Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:49 AM
  • Hi Heidi,

Where is located the option to change from inside to outside? Isn't it possible to insert a textbox overlapping the chart and force it to don't move?

Thank you

Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:51 AM
  • Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your post.

You can right click the Shape Doughnut Chart, and check the option of “Show Data Labels”, and click the data label and you can see Chart Series Labels in the right Properties Windows. Following this, you can control the data label position through using Position property. While, the data label only is shown inside or outside based on my test. Please see the screenshot below:

Additionally, in SQL Server Report Builder and SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, embedding report items such as Textbox, Tablix and Rectangle into one chart is not supported. When dragging one of report items into one chart area, the report item will show outside the chart at run time. Therefore, I think it’s not possible to insert a textbox to embed the chart.

If I have any misunderstanding, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan

Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:40 AM