none
Provider Hosted Apps

Question

• Hello all,

Can anybody help me how to deploy provider hosted MVC app to sharepoint.

I could deploy webform app successfully, but with NVC got an error

Unknown User

Unable to determine your identity. Please try again by launching the app installed on your site.

Its a simple MVC project without any code. I just want to know the process of deployment

Thanks

Ameek

Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:00 AM

All replies

• Did you include the configuration keys below in the web.config

<appSettings> 
    <add key="ClientId" value="client_id" />
      <add key="ClientSecret" value="client_secret" />
    </appSettings>

check the below post

http://sharepointtweaks.blogspot.ae/2013/03/sharepoint-2013-app-google-drive-import_20.html

Hope that helps|Amr Fouad|MCTS,MCPD sharePoint 2010

Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:15 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for replying me. Yes I included clientId and Clientsecret in web.config file too.

Actually  everything went well for webform application. But Once I tried MVC project instead of webform, I faced issues although I followed same steps.

What's the difference between MVC and webform as provider hosted app ?

Any suggestions or good articles regarding deployment of MVC provided hosted apps?

Thanks

Ameek

Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:15 PM
  • Thanks. But I wonder what's the difference in deployment between MVC vs Forms based app?

Can anybody explain this ?

Thanks to all

Monday, January 27, 2014 3:07 AM
  • Hi All,

I have some problem with this error.

I already configure: 

• create dns zone 
    • create wildcard dns CNAME
    • create app management service
    • create subscription settings service application and proxy
    • configure app domain url(eg.spcompapps.com) with prefix app

After configure I create new site with url spcom and choose developer site template, and also create catalog site

After create isolated domain I try to create simple mvc application with VS 2013 using low trust authentication without doing anything and deploy to site. Press F5 and successfully deploy, but after click "Trust It" button and got error.

Unknown User

Unable to determine your identity. Please try again by launching the app installed on your site.

How to solve this problem? 

Thanks 

Riza

Monday, February 03, 2014 6:50 PM