java.io.unsupportedEncodingException "ISO8859_1"

Question

• OK, I'm not sure anybody even monitors this forum any longer. Here's my problem:

I'm using vjslib.dll to provide the java support for nFOP, which is a .NET port of the java version of FOP, which processes XML Format Object (FO) files to create PDF files. All of the sample code I find on the Web says nFOP relies on vjslib.dll, but even when I try converting the sample FO files from these sites, I get the same exception.

Anybody have an idea why vjslib.dll DID apparently work with nFOP but now (at least for the version of vjslib.dll that I grabbed from my WinXP distribution) doesn't?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Sunday, December 16, 2007 3:46 AM

Answers

• I am not sure if this is an issue with the nFOP implementation or .NET or actually with vjslib.dll. The supported file types for vjslib have not changed in recent versions.

If you have not been able find a solution/work-around to the issue, could you pl share the version of J# redist (and vjslib) that you were and are now using.

Thanks

Guarav

Sunday, February 17, 2008 11:26 AM

All replies

• I am not sure if this is an issue with the nFOP implementation or .NET or actually with vjslib.dll. The supported file types for vjslib have not changed in recent versions.

If you have not been able find a solution/work-around to the issue, could you pl share the version of J# redist (and vjslib) that you were and are now using.

Thanks

Guarav

Sunday, February 17, 2008 11:26 AM
  • Guarav,

The only way I was able to fix this was to change the mapping in the nFOP code to NOT use "ISO8859_1", which is supposed to be a supported java encoding label, but to use "ISO8859-1" instead. This issue, which actually is in VsjLib v2.0.50727.42

Regards,

Jeff

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:14 PM