none
Need help to show single country while displaying bing map on page. Or Hide other contries on Bing map.

Question

• I am using Bing Map Control in my project. I am showing data from xml using multiple Pushpins and Infobox on the bing map.While loading the bing map , I am showing pushpins all over the particular country. Now my clients requirement is, they want to hide other countries on bing map and show only one single country to their end user. It is possible if I increase the zoom size. But it is not the feasible solution. As Zooming In will hide few Pushpins (from all 4 corners). And I am not giving page scrolling (vertical/horizontal) facility to the end user also. User can zoom in/zoom out but can not scroll the  page. I have set fix height & width to the bing map. So is there any way so that I can hide other nearby countries on the bing map and show only one single country with all Pushpins on that country to the end user??

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:46 PM

Answers

• There is not option to do this. You can try to restrict the map view to one country using events but this usually makes for a bad user experience. In the end there is no reason not to give the user the ability to view the whole world as there is not additional costs/transactions generated to your application.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:41 AM
    Owner