ERROR: "Operation could not be completed. Access is denied."

Question

• Hello,

I am working on  win32 application using Visual studio 2010 and Windows 7.

Whenever I Click to "ADD" a "resource" to the project, I come across a

messagebox with an error.. "Operation could not be completed. Access is denied"

can anybody guide how to fix this?

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:35 AM

Answers

• hey hi,

logging in as an administrator then Computer>Manage>Users>Guests> double click and 'uncheck' Account is disabled..

I did that but it didn't work.. surprisingly, it worked when I opened a new instance of visual studio and copied the project

into it.. yeah this is a kind of going for a bypass without finding the root cause.. will try again

hey todda, thanks!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:11 PM

All replies

• try running Visual Studio/Express as a local administrator as it sounds like access rights to the drive.
    Sorry if my replies are a bit brief but i feel we learn more if we have to think about things. A small clue is better than a spoiler.
    Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:17 AM
  • hey hi,

logging in as an administrator then Computer>Manage>Users>Guests> double click and 'uncheck' Account is disabled..

I did that but it didn't work.. surprisingly, it worked when I opened a new instance of visual studio and copied the project

into it.. yeah this is a kind of going for a bypass without finding the root cause.. will try again

hey todda, thanks!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:11 PM
  • Hey there,

Just in case anyone else runs into this same problem, I solved it in my case it by right clicking on the project and selecting "unload project" and then reloading it. 

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:22 PM