none
how to branch/fork from main via TFS Online?

Question

• Hi,

I am using TFS Online (Free Plan). I am wondering how I can create a child-branch from main? Specifically

1) How to create a child branch from main branch (how to fork)?

2) How to make a reverse integration? (applying changes/improvements in child branch back to parent/main branch)?

3) How to make a forward integration? (applying changes/improvements in main/parent branch to a child branch)?

4) Do you support above operations through TFS Online's web site? If not, how can I use a command line tool to perform such operations in my case (i.e. with a TFS online free account)?

Thanks,

- Mario

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Mario,

Regarding first three points, it's exactly like TFS on-premises, and you can refer to this link for how to do it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181423.aspx

Regarding the last point, as far as I know, there are no to do it with web access or CMD.

Regards

-----------

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Edited by M. Samara Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mario Crosspl Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Mario,

Regarding first three points, it's exactly like TFS on-premises, and you can refer to this link for how to do it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181423.aspx

Regarding the last point, as far as I know, there are no to do it with web access or CMD.

Regards

-----------

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Edited by M. Samara Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mario Crosspl Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:33 PM
  • Hi Mario,

I agree with Samara.  For the last point, you can vote a User Voice at here if you need to use this feature. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:40 AM