pleaseeeeeee explain me why!!

Question

• why i have to dowload and install the Visual c# Express if i have Visual studio 2005 pro edition?

Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:21 PM

Answers

• XNA was built to tie in closely to Express. So while it may look like Visual Studio 2005 and Express are similar, there are some significant difference between them.

With the short development time the XNA team had, they had to make some decisions as to which version to support at first. They went with C# Express so that anyone would be able to get started since C# Express is a free download.

Visual C# Express and Visual Studio 2005 will run side by side with no problems so other than being annoyed that you have to download something extra, there is no other complications caused by this (I'm running both side by side at home and at work)

Hope that helps explain it a bit for you.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:40 PM

All replies

• XNA was built to tie in closely to Express. So while it may look like Visual Studio 2005 and Express are similar, there are some significant difference between them.

With the short development time the XNA team had, they had to make some decisions as to which version to support at first. They went with C# Express so that anyone would be able to get started since C# Express is a free download.

Visual C# Express and Visual Studio 2005 will run side by side with no problems so other than being annoyed that you have to download something extra, there is no other complications caused by this (I'm running both side by side at home and at work)

Hope that helps explain it a bit for you.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:40 PM
  • Ok. Thanks.
    Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:03 PM