none
.NET Programmability Support

Question

• I do not have the .NET Programmability Support component installed on any of my desktops.  An oversight that has caused me significant grief to say the least.  I'm looking for a way to install the missing component without reinstalling the entire office suite.  Could someone point me in the right direction?  I've searched to the end of the Internet on this and cannot find a suitable solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Monday, November 30, 2009 9:31 PM

All replies

• You shouldn't have to re-install the entire Office suite.  Can't you just run the installer and only add that one feature?  Doing so doesn't re-install all of Office - it just adds the feature you select.  I just did it by going to Control Panel > Office 2007 > Repair > Add or Remove Features > InfoPath > .NET Programmability Support > 2.0 > VSTA (this was the only thing inside .NET Programmability Support.  I then clicked Continue, and it only installed VSTA.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Ashwin Bhagwat. _ Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by EVC Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:40 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by EVC Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:41 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2009 10:00 PM
  • I should have been more clear on the scope of the issue.  I have 500 desktops with this issue, I know I can go to add/remove programs on my PC.  The problem is, the other 499 PCs lol.........

There must be some way of updating the installation enterprise wide.
    Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:40 PM
  • You just asked how to install it without installing the entire suite.  That was the answer, right?  If you have an additional question on how to push it out to 500 computers, then we can address that, too.  Do you not have SMS or System Center - something to manage updates for all computers in the enterprise?
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Tuesday, December 01, 2009 2:43 PM
  • Yeah, i realized i didn't provide enough info after re-reading my initial post. sorry about that. I have an sccm server. I didn't use it to deploy the office suite though. we deployed office 2007 before we rolled out sccm. Is there still a way to do this with sccm?
    Tuesday, December 01, 2009 11:30 PM
  • Yes It's Right,

you can unstall from documents and setting folder just go to application which will be hide, unhide to it and remove the office suite then follow the below procedure.

First You shouldn't have to re-install the entire Office suite.  Can't you just run the installer and only add that one feature?  Doing so doesn't re-install all of Office - it just adds the feature you select.  I just did it by going to Control Panel > Office 2007 > Repair > Add or Remove Features > InfoPath > .NET Programmability Support > 2.0 > VSTA (this was the only thing inside .NET Programmability Support.  I then clicked Continue, and it only installed VSTA.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 9:12 AM