none
Recover webpage Internet Explorer

Question

• Hi,

I have a list in SharePoint 2010 site. The list is sorted by ID, grouped by a specific column and has one filter. Every time I navigate to the page which contains the list it takes very long time to load it. I mean the list is up immediately, but I can't click anywhere. If I try to click somewhere then I get the message "xxx is not responding                Recover webpage" at the bottom.

When I checked the event viewer I found the error message " 

The program iexplore.exe version 9.0.8112.16448 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
     Process ID: e60
     Start Time: 01ce6bf74b5d05d8
     Termination Time: 2
     Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
     Report Id: "

Have you guys any idea what could be?

Thanks!

//Ashraf

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ashraf,

This typically happens if your page is taking too long to get loaded because of various reasons. How many items do you have in a view where you are getting this error? Do your page has any javascript/JQuery function which is causing this problem? Is any active x component failing to load on that particular page?

Try adding this view in a new page (If you create a new page without any custom branding it would be more beneficial) and brows it to see results.

Please let us know you observations.

-Amol Meshe

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Hi Amol,

Thanks a lot for your input :-)
    There are about 2000 items grouped and sorted by a specific column. There is no JavaScript or JQuery at this page. One more information is if I run the same page (list) at Firefox or Chrome then it works perfectly.

Regards

//Ashraf

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:55 PM
  • Hi Ashraf,

Follow these methods.

Method 1: I would suggest that you run System File Chccker (SFC) scan on the computer which would scan for corrupt system files on the computer and replace them.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 2:  If Internet Explorer is not working, you may try to turn off Internet Explorer and then turn on the feature which is as good as uninstalling and reinstalling it. 

Follow the steps below to do the same.

To turn Internet Explorer on or off, follow these steps:

a. Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b. Uncheck Internet Explorer. Click on OK and restart the computer.

c. Now, follow the same steps to turn on the Internet Explorer by selecting the check box.

Access the link for more information on the above steps to turn off or on the features in Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

Regards,

karim

Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Hi Karim,

Thank you for your tips but unfortunately I have still the same problem after applying the both methods. When I ran the first method sfc.exe it says it couldn't find any corrupt file. 

Once again, if I run any other browser it works as expected.

Kindly regards

//Ashraf

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:51 AM
  • hi Ashraf,

i can suggest you to try with disabling  "IE Pop-UP blocker" in internet explorer,

Regards,

karim

Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Monday, July 01, 2013 8:41 AM
  • Hi Karim,

I have just tested this feature without any result :-(

Best regards

//Ashraf

Monday, July 01, 2013 9:23 AM