How to compile a standalone exe?

Question

• I've made an application that runs perfectly on my computer but doesn't run on another one (the error message says something about bad configuration and reinstalling the application). The project's configuration is pretty much the default one. I guess there is something I need to change in order to make it work as an standalone exe, so it runs in every other computer.
    Thursday, December 28, 2006 9:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Says the error Message something about a missing Dll (like "can't find d3dx9.dll"), too?

Are you using .Net?

Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:06 AM
  • No, just something about wrong configuration. Could it be because I'm compiling the proyect on Windows Vista (not FOR Windows Vista, as far as I know, but on Windows Vista) and trying to run it on Windows XP?

I'm not using .NET

Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:13 AM
  • While the message may make no sense to you, we need to know *exactly* what it says to help you.
    Saturday, December 30, 2006 2:51 AM
  • the message says:

This applpication has failed to start because the application configuratoin is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

Monday, January 01, 2007 10:12 PM
  • I am getting this exact same error.  Anybody have a clue?  I suspect that I am doing something dumb ...
    Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:50 PM
  • Start by reading this...
    Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:06 AM