A program is trying to send e-mail on your behalf. Stop this message.

Question

• Hi

Does any one know how to disable this option (A program is trying to send e-mail on your behalf. Stop this message.)

I'm trying to send an auto e-mail with Marco from MS Access.
    I am executing this macro from VB.Net...

Dim objAccess As New Access.Application

objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase("D:\TestMacro.mdb", False)    ' Add the Access File Path

objAccess.DoCmd.RunMacro("Macro1") ' Replace  Macro1 with the name of your macro

objAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase()

objAccess.Quit(Access.AcQuitOption.acQuitSaveNone)

objAccess = Nothing

But every time that my script trying to send the auto e-mail, a security popup and saing "A program is trying to send automatically send e-mail on your behalf."
    How can I stop this security warning? or how can allow my program to send an e-mail on my behalf?.

How to Disable this....

Thanks & Regards

Deepu M.I

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 11:50 AM

All replies

• The problem is that the macro you're calling is using a high level email engine, probably calling Outlook directly or one of its DLLs, and this will trigger the anti-email-virus routine you're seeing. This security feature was added to Outlook years ago after the infamous 'Love Bug' virus.

The solution is to modify the macro where it uses a lower level email engine since this method won't be affected by what you do in your .Net code. If you use CDO or SMTP instead of Outlook this should take care of the problem. You may want to consult the appropriate VBA or Access forums for ideas on how to do this.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:28 PM
  • If you just need to send mail but don't necessarily need to send it through Outlook, check out the System.Net.Mail namespace.  It can send mail independent of having Office installed.
    Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:33 PM
  •  Jared Parsons MSFT wrote:
    If you just need to send mail but don't necessarily need to send it through Outlook, check out the System.Net.Mail namespace.  It can send mail independent of having Office installed.

Hi  Jared Parsons

My macro application will create a Access report by using QUERY Object...

and next step is Sending that report by email (SendObject in Macros).

So In Vb.Net System Mail... How to send this EXCEL Report Dynamically . It

should be QUERY Object Report...

Thanks & Regards

Deepu M.I

Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:34 AM
  • Check out the System.Net.Mail.MailMessage class.  It has a property called Attachments.  You should be able to save out your excel query to a physical file and then attach it to the message.
    Thursday, November 30, 2006 6:34 PM