none
Speech Recognition for Portuguese (Brazil)

General discussion

• Hi,

I need to make an application to recognize pt-BR, i've tryed to use System.Speech but this namespace don't have support for pt-BR, after that i've found Microsoft.Speech that have support for pt-BR, what I want to know is if have some way of doing the recognition without having to create the entire dictionary in a .GRXML file?

I'm making this question because the System.Speech has the class DictationGrammar that have already the whole words recognition, but in English (en-US).

Thank you for your attention.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:56 PM

All replies

• You'd better post thread in General Windows Development Issues forum to get better support.
    Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:23 AM
  • Hi Raphael,

currently Microsoft only provides the following speech recognition engines in Win7:  English (U.S. and British), Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Chinese (traditional and simplified). To install one of these languages you just need to install the correspondent language pack for the choosen language.

For server side there´re a lot of other speech engines for other languages available, including pt-br. If you to develop server side app in Brazilian-Portuguese you need to have a Windows Server + Speech Server installed.

Regards

Mário Vaz Henriques .NET Dev
    • Edited by mariovh Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:17 PM update
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:16 PM