none
Biztalk 2010 Development Edition - Visual Studio does not show the BizTalk projects

Question

• Hello

We installed BT 2010 development edition in a developer's machine. After the installation, I do not see the BizTalk projects in the project creation wizard. Am I missing ant steps here? Please advice

Thanks

Rasheed

Friday, June 17, 2011 6:23 PM

Answers

• Never mind. This is because the developer tools and SDK component was not installed. I just have to modify the existing installation to add this component.

Refer the installation guide:

You must install this component if you plan to do any development work. The Visual Studio extensions used by BizTalk Server will not work without the Developer Tools and SDK component installed.

• Marked as answer by arasheed Friday, June 17, 2011 7:24 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 7:24 PM

All replies

• Never mind. This is because the developer tools and SDK component was not installed. I just have to modify the existing installation to add this component.

Refer the installation guide:

You must install this component if you plan to do any development work. The Visual Studio extensions used by BizTalk Server will not work without the Developer Tools and SDK component installed.

• Marked as answer by arasheed Friday, June 17, 2011 7:24 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 7:24 PM
  • hi, i am having same problem..i dnot see biztalk project..i have installed Biztalk 2010 ...u mention i need to install developer tools and SDK component..i see many file in developer tools..is there any specific file or setup i need to run..let me know.i think i am having same problem that u had....

thanks

nisar

Thursday, September 08, 2011 12:32 AM
  • Hi Nisar,

You can install these components using the BizTalk Setup. Follow the steps in the installation guide.

Cheers,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    Blog: http://dpsbali-biztalkweblog.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:11 AM