workflow not compiling

Question

• hi,

when i have workflow without code activity i am dynamically able to compile it

but when i am adding any code activty or any other activity which is referring to some variable or method in code besides file i am not able to compile workflow dynamically

it is giving error member not found

please suggest me the solution for this.

here i am putting code

Dim objWorkflowCompiler As WorkflowCompiler = New WorkflowCompiler()

Dim objWorkflowCompilerParameters As WorkflowCompilerParameters = New WorkflowCompilerParameters()

objWorkflowCompilerParameters.LanguageToUse = "VB"

objWorkflowCompilerParameters.ReferencedAssemblies.Add("C:\CompileWorkflow\CAWorkflowService\bin\Debug\CAWorkflowService.dll")

objWorkflowCompilerParameters.ReferencedAssemblies.Add("C:\CompileWorkflow\CAActivityLibrary\bin\CAActivityLibrary.dll")

objWorkflowCompilerParameters.OutputAssembly = "CustomWorkflow" + Guid.NewGuid().ToString() + ".dll"

Dim xomlfiles() As String = {"C:\CompileWorkflow\CAWorkflow\Test.xoml", "C:\CompileWorkflow\CAWorkflow\Test.xoml.vb"}

Dim objWorkflowCompilerResults As WorkflowCompilerResults = objWorkflowCompiler.Compile(objWorkflowCompilerParameters, xomlfiles)

If (objWorkflowCompilerResults.Errors.Count > 0) Then

MsgBox(objWorkflowCompilerResults.Errors(0).ToString())

Else

end if

Monday, January 15, 2007 9:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The workflow compiler tries to compile the xoml using the SequentialWorkflowActivity as the base class. The fact that you specify the code besides file just creates a second unrelated compilation. What you need to do is create a class derived from SequentialWorkflowActivity and add your code and properties to that. Next use this as the root type of your xoml workflow and only compile that class.

Maurice

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:57 AM

All replies

• Does you XOML file contain a reference to the assemblies used?

And what is the exact error message you are receiving?

Maurice

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:14 AM
  •  

i am getting the error message

"C:\CompileWorkflow\CAWorkflow\Test.xoml : error WF1549: Activity 'Activity1' validation failed: Path 'PatientName' used to specify member for 'Test' is invalid. Path needs to point to valid member.

i am getting following error when i am adding code activtiy to it

"C:\CompileWorkflow\CAWorkflow\Test.xoml : error BC30456: 'codeActivity1_ExecuteCode_2' is not a member of 'CAWorkflow.Test'." 

my xoml file contain

<SequentialWorkflowActivity x:Class="CAWorkflow.Test" x:Name="Test" xmlns:ns0="clr-namespace:CAActivityLibrary;Assembly=CAActivityLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/workflow">

<ns0:SendMailActivity MailFrom="rajendra.j@mphasis.com" Body="hi" x:Name="sendMailActivity1" MailTo="rajendra.j@mphasis.com" Subject="how r u" />

<ns0:SendPlazmaDisplay x:Name="Activity1" PatientName="{ActivityBind Test,Path=PatientName}" PatientDetail="{ActivityBind Test,Path=PatientDetail}" />

</SequentialWorkflowActivity>

and my codebeside file contain

Public Class Test

Inherits SequentialWorkflowActivity

Private _PatientName As String

Private _PatientDetail As String

Public Property PatientName() As String

Get

Return _PatientName

End Get

Set(ByVal value As String)

_PatientName = value

End Set

End Property

Public Property PatientDetail() As String

Get

Return _PatientDetail

End Get

Set(ByVal value As String)

_PatientDetail = value

End Set

End Property

Public ReadOnly Property BodyDetail() As String

Get

Return "The patient " & _PatientName & "is registered with the hostpital"

End Get

End Property

Public Sub exeCode()

End Sub

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:36 AM
  • Hi,

The workflow compiler tries to compile the xoml using the SequentialWorkflowActivity as the base class. The fact that you specify the code besides file just creates a second unrelated compilation. What you need to do is create a class derived from SequentialWorkflowActivity and add your code and properties to that. Next use this as the root type of your xoml workflow and only compile that class.

Maurice

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:57 AM
  •  

hi maurice

it is working now

thanks a lot

Monday, January 15, 2007 12:24 PM
  • Maurice de Beijer said:

Hi,

Maurice

Hi,

I have a problem Mems

How would the new Xoml?

Edson,

Monday, March 23, 2009 2:51 PM